Morton v Aberdeen

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Easter Road wouldn't be too bad, give Morton either the main or east stand and the rest to us. We took 20k to our last semi but that was 3pm on a Saturday and these games are always better without thousands of day trippers.

People on twitter are saying in could be held in Dundee or Perth, even Tynecastle is far too small for this one.

People on twitter are saying in could be held in Dundee or Perth

If you combined Tannadice, Dens and McDiarmid then you'd get ~35k which sounds just about the right size.

A new ground with a new amalgamated Tayside Utd to solve all of Scottish football's woes.

We should be taking half of any allocation, thanks for playing though. 

That's the problem right there.

Morton could easily take 10k to this. Will Aberdeen be happy with a 50% gate at Easter Road?

Yep, can see the Greenock folk coming out for this one which is why I'm not keen on Easter Road. Both teams would maybe get 8k each which is no use.

Apologies, genuinely didn't think Morton would be bringing more than around 5000. I was basing it on what the likes of St J and United have brought recently but I suppose it's Morton's first semi final in a long time! If you'd manage in the region of double that then it really has to be at Hampden.

Pricing will be interesting, pretty sure it has to be the same for both semis and agreed on by all four clubs. The gate money from the two games is also split four ways so both our clubs will be cashing in on the bigotfest.

Easter Road wouldn't be too bad, give Morton either the main or east stand and the rest to us. We took 20k to our last semi but that was 3pm on a Saturday and these games are always better without thousands of day trippers.

People on twitter are saying in could be held in Dundee or Perth, even Tynecastle is far too small for this one.

:lol: what happened to 'It's a neutral venue it should be a 50/50 split?

26 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Less than 11,000 attended both 1/4-finals & that's with 4 sets of supporters there so Easter RD should be sufficient and more than adequate to cope with both clubs average attendance.

15k at your quarter final so presumme you will be happy with 15000 briefs for the semi?

We all know on big occasions like this part timers, family, friends, neutrals come out in their thousands!

6 minutes ago, Karl Fletcher said:

Won't happen if it's in Edinburgh

Soz, champ

Learn the rules, hotshot. I'm not stating btw that Morton will definitely take 10,000 to a cup semi-final, but the idea that the club should be placed at a substantial disadvantage and given a limited number of tickets from the off - "give them one stand and Aberdeen three" - is preposterous.

Either provide a 50-50 split for each club, with leftovers going to a reserve list at the other club in the days before the game (minus the ticket losses caused by segregation of course) or play the game at Hampden. It's that straightforward. 

15k at your quarter final so presumme you will be happy with 15000 briefs for the semi?

We all know on big occasions like this part timers, family, friends, neutrals come out in their thousands!

I don't base a semi final or final allocation on attendances in previous cup games but on the clubs average attendance. Our fans have had to shell out a lot of money for CL qualifiers and 3 match packages. In fact I'm over £200 alone on top of my ST for my 3 match package and my 2 sons. Bought our tickets for the Alloa game too but not everyone is as fortunate. We have enough ST holders to merit our allocation at Hampden.

Archived