Morton v Aberdeen

16 hours ago, Milners said:

Wow Glasgow Aberdeen fans not wanting to go when on their door step!

Our supporters club ticket up take is decent. 

There is quite a lot Aberdeen fans that won't go if it is a Rangers match 

And they are vastly outnumbered by the folk who only appear for the hate-fest.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/28/2016 at 12:28, glasgow-sheep said:

Our supporters club has seen slow up take too.  Are folk really that disinterested this season that they aren't going to go to a cup semi?! 18k for Sevco but our crowd for the QF + SF combined might not even reach that at this rate.  Poor

It's undoubtedly a big game, but the thought of getting up first thing in the morning to head down to Glasgow and watch Aberdeen struggle to break down a stuffy Morton team in a 2/3rds empty Hampden for at least £25 a pop isn't exactly a mouthwatering proposition.

On ‎28‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 19:07, O_Kahn said:

Would be surprised if the crowd for this breaks 20,000 now, but I hope I'm wrong.  There were about 24,000 against QoTS, which kicked off at a similar time.

Out of interest, why have we been allocated the West and Morton the East Stand - surely the other way round would make sense?

In which case it could've been at ER?

It's undoubtedly a big game, but the thought of getting up first thing in the morning to head down to Glasgow and watch Aberdeen struggle to break down a stuffy Morton team in a 2/3rds empty Hampden for at least £25 a pop isn't exactly a mouthwatering proposition.

Erm no: it's either a big game for your fanbase or it isn't. Whether you'll easily win the semi final or struggle surely has nothing to do with your decision to actually show up in the first place.

1 minute ago, vikingTON said:

Erm no: it's either a big game for your fanbase or it isn't. Whether you'll easily win the semi final or struggle surely has nothing to do with your decision to actually show up in the first place.

It does though, Morton aren't a big draw and we always struggle against teams that sit in.

Out of interest, why have we been allocated the West and Morton the East Stand - surely the other way round would make sense?

Deep in the bowels of Hampden the SFA big wigs keep the fabled Protestant-Catholic club spectrum just for occasions like these. Both the clubs are obviously in the middle compared to Rangers/Hearts/Airdrie at one end of the scale and Celtic/Hibs/United at the other. I'd say Greenock's proximity to the Irish Sea probably swung them towards the East End but there wasn't much in it.

Whether you get to easily win a match doesn't actually correspond to how "big " a game is. Probably yet another layer on top of the full-blown minter that Aberdeen fans have built up in the last week alone.

It's a big game in that it's a semi final, every other aspect of it is unappealing.

Mate of mine was contemplating going. His two boys want to go as they've never been to Hampden.

Train is £58 for himself, and around £116 if he takes the kids.

He's not long out of hospital so driving is out of the question.

So he thought about organising a bus. He reckons he can probably talk enough people into filling a 20-seater, but even then the cheapest price is going to work out at £32 each. For him and two kids that's £96.

That's before you take into account it'll cost him £45 for the tickets, on top of what else he'll pay throughout the day. And he has to get up at the crack of dawn which isn't an appealing prospect. And, no disrespect to Morton, but it's a lower division side at what will be a half-empty Hampden in autumn.

On the other hand, he can stay in bed, get up at lunchtime, invite a few mates round, and they can all watch it on the TV. He spends no money and has to put up with zero hassle.

He's not ruled himself out yet but I can't really blame him if he decides to go for the latter option. 

You'd think Aberdeen fans would be more up for their biggest game since the Ferguson era.

I'm going to the UFC in Manchester next Saturday and paid £400 for tickets for an event that starts at 11pm and ends after 5am, with our train home not being until after 9am, so I dream of jumping on a megabus at 7am with a few beers and paying £25 to see my team play in a game of football that they're huge favourites to get to a final in.

9 hours ago, Dunty said:

Mate of mine was contemplating going. His two boys want to go as they've never been to Hampden.

Train is £58 for himself, and around £116 if he takes the kids.

He's not long out of hospital so driving is out of the question.

So he thought about organising a bus. He reckons he can probably talk enough people into filling a 20-seater, but even then the cheapest price is going to work out at £32 each. For him and two kids that's £96.

That's before you take into account it'll cost him £45 for the tickets, on top of what else he'll pay throughout the day. And he has to get up at the crack of dawn which isn't an appealing prospect. And, no disrespect to Morton, but it's a lower division side at what will be a half-empty Hampden in autumn.

On the other hand, he can stay in bed, get up at lunchtime, invite a few mates round, and they can all watch it on the TV. He spends no money and has to put up with zero hassle.

He's not ruled himself out yet but I can't really blame him if he decides to go for the latter option. 

Do Aberdeen supporters clubs not run buses to games?

Archived