Morton v Aberdeen

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

I was disappointed in Andy McNeil. I was under the impression that he was garbage but he made a few good saves.

He came to us with quite a poor reputation but he's barely put a foot wrong when called upon apart from a preseason friendly. 

Expect him to chuck one in next week after me saying that.

On 10/22/2016 at 22:54, Monkey Tennis said:

Should have been staged at an Edinburgh ground.

A daft venue today for a genuinely big game.

Other than my not liking Hampden much as a stadium, the ground didn't bother me. It was the kick-off time that was a disgrace, particularly when to consider that yesterday two local teams were given a far more reasonable start. I have no idea what the rationale for this is.

Game was pretty poor, but as already mentioned, fans were great. Morton fans are an easy bunch to like most of the time anyway though; always decent banter. Plenty of good-natured mixing in pubs afterwards which is exactly the way it should be.

I'd like to say I found it a bit cringeworthy when our fans were chanting 'f**k the SFA'. It's the SPFL that they should be annoyed at, if anyone.

Also, Morton's number 9 (Oyenuga?) was utterly dreadful. Never a footballer.

Yeah, a good day out despite the result, and a good mix of fans in the Montford before and after the game.

i felt a bit sorry for big Kudus, to be honest. Apart from having a runout for the last few minutes of the game at Palmerston the week before, Saturday was his first game in (I think) nearly 4 weeks because of injury, and it was a big ask to come back and immediately do well in a national semi-final against the second-best team in the country. No real surprise he was a bit off the pace much of the time.

Ok, I know some will say he's always looked that way, but his best game for us was in the quarters against Dundee United, and in that game he looked like a player finally coming to terms with the Scottish game and beginning to gel with his team mates. He showed enough that night to indicate that there could be a decent Championship player in there and it was unfortunate for him that he ended up injured after it.

He's not likely to have the sort of career that Quitongo might go on to have, but he might yet go on to be one of those players who can play like a carthorse much of the time and then pitch in with some important goals when you least expect it. A bit like Brian Wake, maybe.......

Or maybe not. 

• 3 months later...
On 12/10/2016 at 18:41, Elixir said:

That "fairly full" Inverness end that included a not full Famous Five Lower only. Terrific stuff.

Even if your fantasist thoughts were true about how crowds are announced, we would still be selling more tickets regardless. The (very few) empty seats are season ticket holders not turning up - that doesn't mean games aren't sold out or that we don't already have their money in the bank. I also hope you're not referring to the kiddies behind the goals who will leave before half-time to get ready for their kick about on the park.

Only Aberdeen fans could actuallly care about taking 200-300 more fans to away games. No wonder people want to get the f**k out of the place for the day, though. Fair play for continuing to go to Tynecastle as well I guess given the utter pumpings you get time and again.

Presumably you'll have evidence of your claim the Celtic game wasn't sold out?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36934942

Attendance: 16,777, minus 1,400 rhats. Decent maths there, m8.

We've been to Pittodrie already this season and you couldn't beat us - again. We'll pip you in the league this and it will be down to our superior head to head in the end.

Except your Aberdeen > Hearts theory holds up to absolutely no scrutiny whatsoever when we have utterly trounced Aberdeen for numbers of supporters through the gates throughout history. That's reality you absolute oddball.

How is that going mate. 11 points behind the famous and a comfortable win at Tynecastle.:thumsup2

52 minutes ago, KingswellsRed said:

How is that going mate. 11 points behind the famous and a comfortable win at Tynecastle.:thumsup2

But, but, but they've more fans. That photograph of a packed Tynecastle must look good in the trophy cabinet.

On 12/10/2016 at 18:41, Elixir said:

We've been to Pittodrie already this season and you couldn't beat us - again. We'll pip you in the league this and it will be down to our superior head to head in the end.

GnFtZ9c.gif

Archived