Morton v Aberdeen

I doubt any rational thinking Dandy is taking this for granted.

Not too long ago we made getting dumped out of cups by lower league sides an annual event.

Took a long time to get over this with a knackered Oldco lying in wait in the Final.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/7341879.stm

_44672864_qos_semi_416.jpg

I was at uni at the time.

Seething doesn't cover it. Don't think I left my room for about 3 days [emoji1]

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, Karl Fletcher said:

Not too long ago we made getting dumped out of cups by lower league sides an annual event.

Took a long time to get over this with a knackered Oldco lying in wait in the Final.

Why would you post this you sick man, thought I was over it.

vikingTON's PhotovikingTONToday, 03:24 PM

A cretinous, fluffer article, that quite clearly came with several prompted phone calls from Aberdeen to point out how not-so-privately 'seething' they truly are. A horrible football club who have embarrassed themselves ever since the draw was made. 

"Quite clearly"

Hahaha

3 hours ago, Karl Fletcher said:

c**t. Just no need for that 

On 10/10/2016 at 15:59, lubo_blaha said:

True, but I still don't think there'll be much more than 20,000 there in total. Depends on how many Morton bring of course. The club should be looking to do a lot more in terms of transport for this one, especially since the trains are all f*cked up.

Having the game at Easter Road would obviously have been better for atmosphere but it would also create demand for tickets. People would see the need to buy tickets for the run of the mill games in order to ensure they can get tickets for the big games (like what happens at Hearts at the moment).

Anyway, despite enduring the game there on Saturday night I'll be back at Hampden on the 22nd, hopefully we finally end our hoodoo. Never seen the Dons win there and I've only seen Scotland win twice, once in a friendly and the other against Croatia when we already had too few points to qualify.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

In the long list of absolute minter responses since the draw was made, I'd say 'Milnzo' rummaging through the Morton fans forum narrowly beats his club's own "privately seething" leak to that rag of a newspaper. It's not private - your club hasn't shut the f**k up about it since the decision was made. 

And now they've managed to secure a fluffer piece in a red top disclosing how 'privately seething' they are, while conveniently pinning all the blame on GMFC rather than their own failure to negotiate on reasonable terms. 

Not as classless as it is utterly tragic behaviour. 

39 minutes ago, Elixir said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Remember when the "big club" from gorgie sold less than 10k tickets for a semi in their own city:lol::lol::lol: If your new stand ever goes up you will be begging away teams to take the whole stand again. You didn't even sell out against Celtic on the opening day of the season:lol:

2 hours ago, KingswellsRed said:

Remember when the "big club" from gorgie sold less than 10k tickets for a semi in their own city:lol::lol::lol: If your new stand ever goes up you will be begging away teams to take the whole stand again. You didn't even sell out against Celtic on the opening day of the season:lol:

No I don't, because we sold 11,000 and in any case were on the verge of relegation and a completely incomparable situation to yours currently. Still got bigger attendances than Aberdeen in their best period for a generation though, tbf.

When the new stand goes up next summer we'll continue to get far bigger crowds than Aberdeen - standard - and your rabble will also continue to be confined to your two sections in the Roseburn.

Bit weird to go making up lies about that Celtic game as well. Strange behaviour.

9 minutes ago, Elixir said:

No I don't, because we sold 11,000 and in any case were on the verge of relegation and a completely incomparable situation to yours currently. Still got bigger attendances than Aberdeen in their best period for a generation though, tbf.

When the new stand goes up next summer we'll continue to get far bigger crowds than Aberdeen - standard - and your rabble will also continue to be confined to your two sections in the Roseburn.

Bit weird to go making up lies about that Celtic game as well. Strange behaviour.

Considering the crowd was only 12762 with a fairly full ICT end I somehow doubt it:lol: 

It is well known Hearts quote tickets sold which gives a fake attendance figure while we actually give the attendance through the turnstiles. Every week on Sportscene you can see rows of empty seats at Tynecastle yet when you check the attendance it is given as capacity minus away end and unsold seats:rolleyes: Even if we continue to get two sections we will still take more than the "big club" have taken to pittodrie in the last 10 years:lol:

There were tickets still for sale at kickoff for that Celtic game which shows you couldn't sell more than 15000. Hardly what I would associate with a big club:lol:

It will be good when we finish above you again this season

IMG_0227.PNG

8 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Paulo can't get enough of the Dandies.

Yes, he's the new AFC pet after Lex and his diddy outfit disappeared from the Premiership forum

Biggest Scottish teams in descending order, from a natural. 

Celtic 
Rangers
Aberdeen 
Hearts
Hibs
Dundee United 
Morton 
Diddies. 

There, stop your crowdwank pish and accept reality

22 hours ago, KingswellsRed said:

Considering the crowd was only 12762 with a fairly full ICT end I somehow doubt it:lol: 

It is well known Hearts quote tickets sold which gives a fake attendance figure while we actually give the attendance through the turnstiles. Every week on Sportscene you can see rows of empty seats at Tynecastle yet when you check the attendance it is given as capacity minus away end and unsold seats:rolleyes: Even if we continue to get two sections we will still take more than the "big club" have taken to pittodrie in the last 10 years:lol:

There were tickets still for sale at kickoff for that Celtic game which shows you couldn't sell more than 15000. Hardly what I would associate with a big club:lol:

It will be good when we finish above you again this season

IMG_0227.PNG

That "fairly full" Inverness end that included a not full Famous Five Lower only. Terrific stuff.

Even if your fantasist thoughts were true about how crowds are announced, we would still be selling more tickets regardless. The (very few) empty seats are season ticket holders not turning up - that doesn't mean games aren't sold out or that we don't already have their money in the bank. I also hope you're not referring to the kiddies behind the goals who will leave before half-time to get ready for their kick about on the park.

Only Aberdeen fans could actuallly care about taking 200-300 more fans to away games. No wonder people want to get the f**k out of the place for the day, though. Fair play for continuing to go to Tynecastle as well I guess given the utter pumpings you get time and again.

Presumably you'll have evidence of your claim the Celtic game wasn't sold out?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36934942

Attendance: 16,777, minus 1,400 rhats. Decent maths there, m8.

We've been to Pittodrie already this season and you couldn't beat us - again. We'll pip you in the league this and it will be down to our superior head to head in the end.

5 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Biggest Scottish teams in descending order, from a natural. 

Celtic 
Rangers
Aberdeen 
Hearts
Hibs
Dundee United 
Morton 
Diddies. 

There, stop your crowdwank pish and accept reality

Except your Aberdeen > Hearts theory holds up to absolutely no scrutiny whatsoever when we have utterly trounced Aberdeen for numbers of supporters through the gates throughout history. That's reality you absolute oddball.

Archived