Morton v Aberdeen

Aberdeen 2 Hibernian 1. Scottish Cup Semi Final. 

We went 1-0 down with about 20 minutes to go. A glorious ending. Talking of silly kick off times it was a 6.05pm KO on a Sunday that game, think we only had about 7k down, Hibs had around 15k. 

Was a tremendous support though that night IIRC.

Andy Dow screamer for the winner

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty time yet min

True, but I still don't think there'll be much more than 20,000 there in total. Depends on how many Morton bring of course. The club should be looking to do a lot more in terms of transport for this one, especially since the trains are all f*cked up.

Having the game at Easter Road would obviously have been better for atmosphere but it would also create demand for tickets. People would see the need to buy tickets for the run of the mill games in order to ensure they can get tickets for the big games (like what happens at Hearts at the moment).

Anyway, despite enduring the game there on Saturday night I'll be back at Hampden on the 22nd, hopefully we finally end our hoodoo. Never seen the Dons win there and I've only seen Scotland win twice, once in a friendly and the other against Croatia when we already had too few points to qualify.

True, but I still don't think there'll be much more than 20,000 there in total. Depends on how many Morton bring of course. The club should be looking to do a lot more in terms of transport for this one, especially since the trains are all f*cked up.

Having the game at Easter Road would obviously have been better for atmosphere but it would also create demand for tickets. People would see the need to buy tickets for the run of the mill games in order to ensure they can get tickets for the big games (like what happens at Hearts at the moment).

Anyway, despite enduring the game there on Saturday night I'll be back at Hampden on the 22nd, hopefully we finally end our hoodoo. Never seen the Dons win there and I've only seen Scotland win twice, once in a friendly and the other against Croatia when we already had too few points to qualify.

Aye it's a catch 22. I expect that number to hit around 12-13k by the match. Really can't predict the Morton crowd. Any indicators from the home of Millions?

With 12 days to go I imagine we'll struggle to take much more than 12,000/13,000 but can't really blame anyone for not travelling tbh. just hope the same people that are staying away this time (and aren't season ticket holders) don't moan about lack of tickets if we get to the Final

Only seen the Dons win twice at Hampden, Cup Final in '95 and the Scottish cup semi in 2000 so my Dons record at Hampden is:

P 9 W 2 L 7

Jesus

45 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

Was reading on one of the Morton facebook pages that we've sold out our initial allocation.  Not sure how reliable this info is right enough.

Eh? Was the initial allocation not 6k?  If we've shifted that many tickets in a couple of days then fair enough.

10 minutes ago, Alex_14 said:

What about the game itself, then? What can someone who knows very little about Morton expect from your team? Is Quitongo #iboy? 

Pass, pass, pass, HOOF.

I can see us winning 1-0 against the sheep humpers,they think its going to be an easy win for them saying they are too good for us.the only thing good about aberdeen is the road south from the shitehole.

2 minutes ago, tonup9 said:

I can see us winning 1-0 against the sheep humpers,they think its going to be an easy win for them saying they are too good for us.the only thing good about aberdeen is the road south from the shitehole.

I'd be interested to know where you saw/heard an Aberdeen fan saying we are too good for you.

I expect us to sit very deep and hit on the counter when possible. We can actually play the ball on the deck but I expect a classic Duffyball for this game. If we won I wouldn't care how we played/lined-up. Delighted to be in the semi's and hoping we give a good account of ourselves.

We absolutely schooled Kilmarnock and Hamilton and should have really have put six or seven past Accies, but then again they're both absolutely dreadful sides so that counts for little against Aberdeen. Hard to say how we'll do without knowing how many of our injured defenders are going to recover in time; if we've got Kilday and Gunning back I'll be more confident, if we've got no one back and we're playing a centre forward at full back again Hayes and McGinn will run riot.

Archived