Morton v Aberdeen

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You'd think Aberdeen fans would be more up for their biggest game since the Ferguson era.

I'm going to the UFC in Manchester next Saturday and paid £400 for tickets for an event that starts at 11pm and ends after 5am, with our train home not being until after 9am, so I dream of jumping on a megabus at 7am with a few beers and paying £25 to see my team play in a game of football that they're huge favourites to get to a final in.

Biggest game since the Ferguson era?

On 30/09/2016 at 22:50, Dunty said:

Mate of mine was contemplating going. His two boys want to go as they've never been to Hampden.

Train is £58 for himself, and around £116 if he takes the kids.

He's not long out of hospital so driving is out of the question.

So he thought about organising a bus. He reckons he can probably talk enough people into filling a 20-seater, but even then the cheapest price is going to work out at £32 each. For him and two kids that's £96.

That's before you take into account it'll cost him £45 for the tickets, on top of what else he'll pay throughout the day. And he has to get up at the crack of dawn which isn't an appealing prospect. And, no disrespect to Morton, but it's a lower division side at what will be a half-empty Hampden in autumn.

On the other hand, he can stay in bed, get up at lunchtime, invite a few mates round, and they can all watch it on the TV. He spends no money and has to put up with zero hassle.

He's not ruled himself out yet but I can't really blame him if he decides to go for the latter option. 

I hear what you say and hope yer mate is keeping well. But believe it or not not all Morton fans live local and with a one off game like this I think theyll be travelling from all over the globe paying hundreds maybe thousands to see it. I do agree with you about the travel on same day of the game and prices as yous are travelling from the north-east but that was the SFA who decided were the venue was. Anyway hope your mate and family makes it even tho a reduced crowd but both our supporters can make it a great atmoshere for the players and neutrals watching..

It's televised so it's on early. Not the first or last time fans will be inconvenienced for the take of tv but if you really want to go and follow your team then waking up a couple of hours earlier shouldn't be any great obstacle. We've all done it. 

The neutral game is in the home city of the other side and is an early kick off despite being at the other side of the country from Aberdeen. Pretty ridiculous planning all round.

Do you know where Greenock is?

4 hours ago, jmothecat said:

Yes. Glasgow.

5 hours ago, jmothecat said:

The neutral game is in the home city of the other side and is an early kick off despite being at the other side of the country from Aberdeen. Pretty ridiculous planning all round.

^^^ buckled mess

On 30/09/2016 at 22:50, Dunty said:

Mate of mine was contemplating going. His two boys want to go as they've never been to Hampden.

Train is £58 for himself, and around £116 if he takes the kids.

He's not long out of hospital so driving is out of the question.

So he thought about organising a bus. He reckons he can probably talk enough people into filling a 20-seater, but even then the cheapest price is going to work out at £32 each. For him and two kids that's £96.

That's before you take into account it'll cost him £45 for the tickets, on top of what else he'll pay throughout the day. And he has to get up at the crack of dawn which isn't an appealing prospect. And, no disrespect to Morton, but it's a lower division side at what will be a half-empty Hampden in autumn.

On the other hand, he can stay in bed, get up at lunchtime, invite a few mates round, and they can all watch it on the TV. He spends no money and has to put up with zero hassle.

He's not ruled himself out yet but I can't really blame him if he decides to go for the latter option. 

I'm trying to work out what the point of this post is?

A guy in Aberdeen might or might not go to the game with his kids. If he goes it will cost money, if he doesn't its free.

So its the same process that every football fan in the country goes through when deciding if he/she will go to a game or not.

Thanks for posting this totally pointless piece of information.

Game clearly should have been played in a neutral city at a time that is reasonable for fans. Choosing Hampden over Easter Road is bizarre. Would have been a far better atmosphere instead of a half empty Hampden. The kick off time shows a complete disregard for Aberdeen fans considering the distance between Aberdeen and Glasgow.

Archived