Oh Kez!!!

John Lambies Doos

52 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Ayrmad is pretty convincing so I'd advise him to bet the house on it.Short odds but easy money with the inevitability of Indy moving ever closer as we speak.

You're the one that's so certain, 1 and 1/2 times your cash for No or .91 times your cash over 8 years for NO, that's a return of 8.4% per annum, not bad for a certainty.

You're the one that's so certain, 1 and 1/2 times your cash for No or .91 times your cash over 8 years for NO, that's a return of 8.4% per annum, not bad for a certainty.

I've never been daft enough to give bookies money for any "certainty" or otherwise.

So you accept that thinking that life outside the union would be better for Scotland doesn't make someone a nationalist?

Yup im quite comfortable with the thought they are not all raging Nats. Too many are though so it's a no from me.

26 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Short odds encourage large single bets on "certainties" if you can afford the risk.

Nope, It's the fact that it would be a "certainty" that encourages you to bet in that case, despite the odds being short. A "certainty" with long odds would be pretty much irresistible.

If the bookies were "certain" that Yes would lose the next referendum, they'd give it long odds to attract people to bet. (This is having to be explained to a man who's been crowing about falling education standards for the past couple of days!).

Edited by Gordon EF

22 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Yup im quite comfortable with the thought they are not all raging Nats. Too many are though so it's a no from me.

What percentage of pro-independence supporters in this "echo chamber" do you reckon are "raging Nats" then? And what's the figure for the other side?

Nope, It's the fact that it would be a "certainty" that encourages you to bet in that case, despite the odds being short. A "certainty" with long odds would be pretty much irresistible.

If the bookies were "certain" that Yes would lose the next referendum, they'd give it long odds to attract people to bet. (This is having to be explained to a man who's been crowing about falling education standards for the past couple of days!).

As ive said I've no real interest in betting so fair enough.

Another back of a fag packet constitutional exercise from a busted flush of a party. No wonder the majority of Britnats in her own party are jumping ship to the Tories. 

The sooner that Labour is completely and utterly dead as a party in Scotland, the better that it will be for all concerned. They have nothing credible to offer. 

28 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Another back of a fag packet constitutional exercise from a busted flush of a party. No wonder the majority of Britnats in her own party are jumping ship to the Tories. 

The sooner that Labour is completely and utterly dead as a party in Scotland, the better that it will be for all concerned. They have nothing credible to offer. 

amen tae that :thumsup2

Hadn't heard about this Pizzagate thing. I do hope that was a sarcastic comment by Barbrady; it can be hard to tell sometimes with these nonsense conspiracy theories.

10 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

This irrelevance is spouting nonsense on Scotland Tonight right now. Squirming and crumbling over simple questions.

"Brexit has changed everything."

So will you support a second independence referendum?

"No, two years ago we decided to remain in the UK, we were promised that would be respected forever, nothing has changed."