Oh Kez!!!

John Lambies Doos

2 hours ago, Loondave1 said:

I kind of agree but think independence now would be a fiscal fiasco.I also think the scenario of an independent Scotland is farther away than 2014.Interesting though with some probably valid points.

Two years closer, surely?

8 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Hasn't that already been tried when Irn Bru boy came up to pound the SNP into the dirt?

Policy wise it doesn't matter one jot what position they take, the've worn everyone's patience with their constant flip flopping. Left, centre or right, they won't be trusted. The Tories have already got the Union Jack bedsheet demographic tied up, so nothing to gain there.

Scottish Labour are finished, just give up.

That's true, but the disappointment with the SNP is growing. They talk Left but act Right. Too gutless to be radical, they are losing support now! It's only indy that they can use to make themselves relevant, whilst all the while failing their electorate as the pisa report proves. Their obsession with their  manufactured virtuous image is cringeworthy.

8 hours ago, McSpreader said:

That's true, but the disappointment with the SNP is growing. They talk Left but act Right. Too gutless to be radical, they are losing support now! It's only indy that they can use to make themselves relevant, whilst all the while failing their electorate as the pisa report proves. Their obsession with their  manufactured virtuous image is cringeworthy.

Given you're a rabid right winger, I'm surprised you don't support them if that were true. Then again, we should all totally believe you that people are turning back to opponents of Scottish sovereignty. It's just as believable this time as the last umpteen times the BritNats have told us that the SNP are a passing fancy, and the resurgence of the regionalist parties is imminent.

Edited by Antlion

27 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Not in terms of the current direction of travel in my opinion.Outside the P&B echo chamber i think the chances of a succesful Indy2 are less than Indy1.

Wishful thinking unionist drivel.

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/scottish-politics/next-independence-referendum-result

6/4 for your cash.

Edited by ayrmad

38 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Not in terms of the current direction of travel in my opinion.Outside the P&B echo chamber i think the chances of a succesful Indy2 are less than Indy1.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I think we're all a bit guilty of believing what we want to believe to a certain extent. FWIW, I'm fairly happy to play the long game and I'm extremely confident I'll see independence in my lifetime. I can wait. We only need to win once.

Just now, Loondave1 said:

Ok but is this not a ruse for bookies to take your bet and sit on the stake money for ever or will it be returned after a few decades ? Other than that seems a good bet I'd go for it if i was you.

10/11 YES 10/11 NO for independence by the end of 2024.

3 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Ok but is this not a ruse for bookies to take your bet and sit on the stake money for ever or will it be returned after a few decades ? Other than that seems a good bet I'd go for it if i was you.

This is your response to being accused of wishful thinking?:lol:

The unionist grey 'silent majority' won't be around for a few more decades.

Edited by Gordon EF

I'm not convinced you understand how odds work to be honest. Short odds don't encourage people to place bets.

Ayrmad is pretty convincing so I'd advise him to bet the house on it.Short odds but easy money with the inevitability of Indy moving ever closer as we speak.

Yet you admire British Nationalism.

No i don't.Not fond of Nationalism full stop or roasters North or South of the border.I just hold the view that life outside the Union will be worse for Scotland but don't read that as an endorsement for Nationalism.

19 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

No i don't.Not fond of Nationalism full stop or roasters North or South of the border.I just hold the view that life outside the Union will be worse for Scotland but don't read that as an endorsement for Nationalism.

So you accept that thinking that life outside the union would be better for Scotland doesn't make someone a nationalist?