Oh Kez!!!

John Lambies Doos

Is useless p***k, failed Westminster candidate and constant limelight seeker Tom Harris the new leader of the magically autonomous Labour Party in Scotland? I ask because he's on politics shows far more than Dugdale, and almost as much as Farage used to be. You'd think he not only won his seat, but that Scotland had voted to leave the EU.

• 2 months later...

Very interesting take on Labour in speech from Nicola Sturgeon at National Council today.

Essentially what everyone knows that Labour are moribund, will be ignored from now on, activists shouldn't waste breath criticising them or their hypocrisy, use your energy to go after the Tories.

37 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Very interesting take on Labour in speech from Nicola Sturgeon at National Council today.

Essentially what everyone knows that Labour are moribund, will be ignored from now on, activists shouldn't waste breath criticising them or their hypocrisy, use your energy to go after the Tories.

If i could be bothered looking, I'd post that Kez angry-face meme here. 

Lovely. 

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

I think sturgeon and the SNP have given Davidson a pretty easy ride so far.  But going after the Tories is only part of it, the SNP government at Holyrood have to show their actions match their rhetoric.

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

I said before the Holyrood election that's what Labour should do.  Their main opponents are the Tories not the SNP.

They're still even now at it as their vote evaporates, totally obsessed with the SNP whilst  the Toreis steal their space. 

In retrospect they should have hung in there with Jim Murphy because Kezia Dugdale is completely out of her depth, but the Westminster defeat was too apocalyptic for that to be feasible politically. Where things go from here if as is looking increasingly likely there is a hard Brexit is very difficult to predict, but nationalisms have a tendency to feed off each other in times of crisis and people don't tend to flock to happy clappy Kumbaya stuff when the economy is falling apart. Will be interesting to see whether the Tories are now at their glass ceiling or they can make further inroads amongst Brexit voters, who were as many prefer to forget almost 40% of the Scottish electorate, if Nicola Sturgeon continues to push a very pro-EU narrative to chase after previously No-siding Remain voters. 

Dreadful article/PR exercise  in the Record this morning about Labour activists wanting Kez to be their leader for the next decade. 

Can't say I'm disappointed in that news I have to say, as she will surely have Labour in Scotland polling in single digit figures in the not too distant future

But going after the Tories is only part of it, the SNP government at Holyrood have to show their actions match their rhetoric.

Do they, though? It seems to me they'll get the bulk of the vote regardless. They're the new Labour in Scotland, if you'll pardon the pun. The default vote. There's a serious lack of alternative too - Labour are seriously incompetent, Tories are probably already at their high watermark and most Scots won't vote for them on principle, the Greens are too extreme for most people and the Lib Dems still have another 10-15 years before they recover from Clegg.

They'd maybe lose a few voters from politically active people, but the bulk of the #45 would vote for them if Sturgeon murdered a child on live TV IMO.

Dreadful article/PR exercise  in the Record this morning about Labour activists wanting Kez to be their leader for the next decade. 

Can't say I'm disappointed in that news I have to say, as she will surely have Labour in Scotland polling in single digit figures in the not too distant future

I thought the latest polls had them at 9%