Oh Kez!!!

John Lambies Doos

11 hours ago, Loondave1 said:

It spoils it for me when everybody on the thread is trolling. It's so unfair.

There's a difference between dedicated trolling and pretending you're just joking after spazzing something up for the 5th time in under an hour.

42 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

There's no place here for straight forward posts.I will say you could have regulated the shit out of the banks and still not dodged that bullet.

Spot on. The 'regulators' had, and continue to have, every important person on the end of a string. Especially the jumped-up seperatists champing at the bit to join the queue. 

49 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

There's no place here for straight forward posts.I will say you could have regulated the shit out of the banks and still not dodged that bullet.

Yeah?  Who says?  If the banks had been properly regulated and not allowed to run riot there would have been no bail out and no banking crisis and we wouldn't have a crippling £1.56Tn debt.

Yeah?  Who says?  If the banks had been properly regulated and not allowed to run riot there would have been no bail out and no banking crisis and we wouldn't have a crippling £1.56Tn debt.

Me and Officer Barbrady says.That should be enough for you unless your one of these fools that doesn't believe "experts " anymore.

f**k Canada. Iceland dealt with the problem correctly, everyone else continues to suckle the teet as before. 

2 hours ago, Loondave1 said:

Me and Officer Barbrady says.That should be enough for you unless your one of these fools that doesn't believe "experts " anymore.

The problem is no one wants to claim responsibility for their own actions. Super-easy credit, obtained in order to fund lifestyles way beyond the yearly basic, was abused by the vast majority. It may pale into insignificance against what it still owed as far back as Waterloo is concerned (and the belter of a stitch-up surrounding it), but it certainly didn't help. 

40 minutes ago, Officer Barbrady said:

The problem is no one wants to claim responsibility for their own actions. Super-easy credit, obtained in order to fund lifestyles way beyond the yearly basic, was abused by the vast majority. It may pale into insignificance against what it still owed as far back as Waterloo is concerned (and the belter of a stitch-up surrounding it), but it certainly didn't help. 

Right-wing pish.  The only reason there was super-easy credit was that the banks were poorly regulated and the only reason inappropriate clients were getting their hands on it was the bonus system.  The heart of the crisis was parcelling up bad debts and getting the (poorly regulated) rating agencies to give it an A rating.  You can't blame the poor for that.

2 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Right-wing pish.  The only reason there was super-easy credit was that the banks were poorly regulated and the only reason inappropriate clients were getting their hands on it was the bonus system.  The heart of the crisis was parcelling up bad debts and getting the (poorly regulated) rating agencies to give it an A rating.  You can't blame the poor for that.

I never blamed 'the poor' for anything. How dreadfully elitist. The entire fucking country was at it, and those at the bottom have suffered more than anyone.

The real problem, as far as i see, is the depoliticizing of entire generations through this policy of relatively easy credit and subsequently crippling them with fear over cuts and taxation. You could argue Thatcherism still rules, given that her way of shutting down the Unions was simply to mortgage the b*****ds into submission, rather than some grand gesture of 'owning your home'. 

I can count on the fingers of Abu Hamza's left hand the number of millenials i know who have the foggiest clue about politics, other than 'SNP good, the rest bad', due to the fear and lies continually spread by those fiddling c***s, through every medium possible. 'The poor', a group i belonged to in the not so distant past, don't appear to be as bothered as i hoped they, or more appropriately we, would. 

Good point regards "SNP good,the rest bad".Some appear to think politics started with the Indy campaign and i detected more than a whiff of "im clueless but my mates are all voting SNP so I'll just go with that." There's a huge irony in laughing at Labour paying the price of decades of taking votes for granted while trumpeting "the only show in town" rhetoric after a few years of success.Its thin ice when you start down that track.

15 minutes ago, Loondave1 said:

Good point regards "SNP good,the rest bad".Some appear to think politics started with the Indy campaign and i detected more than a whiff of "im clueless but my mates are all voting SNP so I'll just go with that." There's a huge irony in laughing at Labour paying the price of decades of taking votes for granted while trumpeting "the only show in town" rhetoric after a few years of success.Its thin ice when you start down that track.

There's a dangerous feel to some of the pandering to the very element you refer to. They don't have a fucking clue, mostly, and have nestled themselves into the 'what we vote doesn't matter in the UK' bollocks. Two years of absolutely sod-all of relevance since Cameron's sniggering 'f**k you' has left their campaign in an utter mess. Like most things in Scotland, the nearly men. Thank f**k for that!!

This phenomenon isn't peculiar to the SNP. It undoubtedly happens with the Tories and Labour down South and previously happened with Labour in Scotland. People just vote a certain way as that's what's expected of them, or what they think is the right thing to do. You often hear the term 'traditional Tory voters', or 'traditional Labour voters'.

I agree there is an irony in the crowing. The SNPs star will undoubtedly wane. Just hope there is a competent political party waiting to take over when it happens. The only opposition party at Holyrood which sounds competent is the Tories, unfortunately.

This phenomenon isn't peculiar to the SNP. It undoubtedly happens with the Tories and Labour down South and previously happened with Labour in Scotland. People just vote a certain way as that's what's expected of them, or what they think is the right thing to do. You often hear the term 'traditional Tory voters', or 'traditional Labour voters'.
I agree there is an irony in the crowing. The SNPs star will undoubtedly wane. Just hope there is a competent political party waiting to take over when it happens. The only opposition party at Holyrood which sounds competent is the Tories, unfortunately.

Your right.I know its all pish but if you set that and your prejudice aside Ruthie is quite convincing as the reasonable Tory.I can see how she has took advantage of Labour disarray and not needing to appeal to out and out Nationalists gives her a relatively easy task.I kind of hope its a Year Zero kind of time for Labour and a new Left of centre force grows from it.Im no Tory and have few common views with Nationalism.Lib Dems ?? Nah rather not vote.Greens ?? Good cover story for me voting for them but hypocritical as im not that interested in Green issues important or not.Homeless and grudgingly voting Labour in hope of something different that's me.But i stand by my point that the first seeds of complaceny are planted in the SNP.