Oh Kez!!!

John Lambies Doos

The judge said something about how although the tweet could seem as being offensive to gay people, it was not homophobic. A fine distinction. It was clearly taking the pish out of someone using the fact their Dad had recently come out as gay after a long marriage as the punchline. Ho ho ho. If Jim Davidson had said it there would be no doubt in anyone's mind that it was homophobic. There seems to be some notion that it's impossible for someone who is normally not homophobic to tell a homophobic joke. I consider myself to be non racist but I have to own up to telling the odd racist joke.

11 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Hold on. If Jeff Dugdale donates to Wings, who then used his crowdfund to pursue action against Jeff's daughter, then we have a new challenger for the biggest minter in this whole affair.

Nah, the crowdfund for the court case had nothing to do with his annual crowdfunds for WOS, as it is I've no idea if he chose to donate for the fight against his daughter.

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

Nah, the crowdfund for the court case had nothing to do with his annual crowdfunds for WOS, as it is I've no idea if he chose to donate for the fight against his daughter.

We ought to establish this before anything else. 

Just now, NotThePars said:

We ought to establish this before anything else. 

Ask him, it wouldn't surprise me as his daughter is a self serving duplicitous c**t.

8 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

In his latest fund raiser he said some of the money might have to go on court costs, although if he was going to appeal he'd come back and ask what the donors think. Not sure how that would work.

Can I just put the WoS thing to one side for a moment and return to the original point of this thread.

Dugdale is/was completely useless, was appointed to a position that was well beyond her capabilities and did not have the self awareness to realise it.

Mind you that criticism could be validly levelled at both her predecessor and successor.

16 hours ago, ayrmad said:

I think that was the opinion of the judge.

No the opinion of the judge were no damages were due because Kezia was too stupid to know what she was saying was false, or could reasonably claim to be anyway.

15 hours ago, sophia said:

Yes and is perfectly logical.

It's the same principle as pointing and laughing at trolls and those that reply to them on here.

It's not just on Twitter that he's caustic, his blog carries highly charged content.

This episode and his concentration on freaky stuff on Twitter at the expense of his entertaining debunking schtick on his blog means that (coughs) people I talk to on the doorsteps of Scotland see him as suffering a credibility debit that is damaging to him.

That's irrelevant, the issue is whether he was homophobic or not.

1 hour ago, Kuro said:

Except for the bit where the judge said he had been of course.

The judge didn’t say he’d been defamed. He said that the comments were incorrect but that the defence of fair comment applied. Ergo the civil wrong of defamation did not apply.

9 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

The judge didn’t say he’d been defamed. He said that the comments were incorrect but that the defence of fair comment applied. Ergo the civil wrong of defamation did not apply.

You've obviously not read the ruling, the judge literally said her allegation was untrue and defamatory.  He used the word defamatory. Ergo, you're full of shit.

1 minute ago, Kuro said:

You've obviously not read the ruling, the judge literally said her allegation was untrue and defamatory.  He used the word defamatory. Ergo, you're full of shit.

One can make defamatory statements without defaming someone.

Wing's case wasn't helped by his tweet to his local MP saying "Die you c**t.", and his regular pattern of abuse to anyone he disagrees with. It's telling that the Judge valued the damage to his reputation as being worth £100, even if he hadn't found Dugdale's statements to be fair comment. Judges rightly get annoyed by frivolous cases.

• 4 months later...