Designated Survivor

JamieStevenson

Just started watching it and got to end of the 4th episode last night.  Been pretty good although I'm hoping Sutherland's about to reduce the nice guy out of his depth routine, it's a bit corny for me.  With a bit of luck it'll go more in the direction of House of Cards rather than The West Wing.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

nice ending to thursdays episode there, plus im beginning to like kirkmans political side more and more, you get the impression that there is a hard assed guy in there somewhere and it will simply take the right trigger for it to be unleashed

Yeah, the political stuff is definitely changing tack.

The special agent women is bugging me though. Not content with just wandering up to the front door of a potential hide out and rattling the cage she drives her car and parks right in front of the house of the next one.

9 minutes ago, Mr X said:

The special agent women is bugging me though. Not content with just wandering up to the front door of a potential hide out and rattling the cage she drives her car and parks right in front of the house of the next one.

aye, wouldnt mind a bit more detail regarding that side, seems like they are focusing a lot more on the political aspect which is okay given they focused a bit more on the action side towards the mid season break

loved the bit when kirkman blew up the infrastructure to halt that rebel army mob, didnt break his promise but still had the savvy to f**k them right over

Aye that seems a bit off. Given that she was almost blown up earlier on in the episode.

The high heels aren't exactly discreet either.

20 hours ago, Mr X said:

Having been shot a week or so ago is clearly affecting her judgment, if not the distance she can walk.

Starting to get annoyed by the sloppy writing.  Jason Atwood former FBI director goes on a car ride, a airplane ride to North Dakota and another car ride to a secret building.  About 5 miles from the place he then asks what are you expecting to find in this place?   Did this thought not cross his mind in the preceding 4 hours?

13 hours ago, dave.j said:

Last 2 episodes have been piss poor. One a cheese fest. The other fuckin ridiculous.

They identified someone using a fingerprint taken off a screenshot from a glass sitting in the background.

so you're watchiing a show where the whole of the american government bar 4 people were wiped out in a pre planned terrorist attack, the FBI director takes the blame for a murder because his son was kidnapped, where a vice president was chosen even though a simple background check would have uncovered a picture that frames him as part of the conspiracy, where not one other super power has tried to take advantage of americas weakness

and you think the fingerprint thing was ridiculous lol

i acgree but given how out there the show is ive began to let things like that slide and just enjoy it for what it is, a good way to waste an hour every week