Designated Survivor

JamieStevenson

25 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

The scenes filmed in 'Britain' in the last episodes were hilarious too.  It was like a typical American's view of what a British street/buildings/landmarks look like, but really not like the real thing.

As a child, I always enjoyed the school hiatus as much as she does.

The numberplates. Good god, the numberplates. I think I developed a twitch watching that.

Still, the second half of season 2 was quality. A bit gutted that this has been binned, the political scenes are actually decent.

On 21/05/2018 at 08:04, DrewDon said:

I have watched a few more episodes now and I reckon I will see it through. I should have also said in my previous post that I think Lyor has been a good addition in S2. I don't dig the Emily/Seth relationship, though. 

He was a cracking addition, the spin he provides the president was missing from the first season, the presidential inner circle in season one was too straight and narrow at times for me

Obvious how?? You’re the first person I’ve come across that saw that coming

Shes the only person throughout the series who wasnt ever really put under the microscope in terms of scrutiny and she had the access to give the information the Russians used, the counselling etc which wasnt known outside the circle of close associates. Just seemed obvious to me.

On 25/05/2018 at 17:02, Boghead ranter said:

The scenes filmed in 'Britain' in the last episodes were hilarious too.  It was like a typical American's view of what a British street/buildings/landmarks look like, but really not like the real thing.

A bit like every scene set in Paris has the Eiffel tower in the background, this had the lot. Red phone boxes, double decker buses, picture of the queen on the wall, the lot.

8 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Shes the only person throughout the series who wasnt ever really put under the microscope in terms of scrutiny and she had the access to give the information the Russians used, the counselling etc which wasnt known outside the circle of close associates. Just seemed obvious to me.

The counselling was explained through a bug in the oval office though, there wasnt any indication that she was the mole given not once had she even remotely acted in a suspicious manner, 

• 1 month later...

Still a chance it might get picked up by another network/streaming service particularly as the delayed viewing figures were seemingly pretty good.

However, seems Hulu own the rights in the States and Netflix own the worldwide rights, so unless one is prepared to give those up its not going to happen

just discovered this on netflix last night and watched the first 2 episodes. on the fence about it really. reeks of 24 but that is unavoidable i suppose.

dont want to read this thread incase i pick up a spoliler do wanted to ask what the general fieling is towards it? worth persevering with or save myself the effort? appreciated

just discovered this on netflix last night and watched the first 2 episodes. on the fence about it really. reeks of 24 but that is unavoidable i suppose.

dont want to read this thread incase i pick up a spoliler do wanted to ask what the general fieling is towards it? worth persevering with or save myself the effort? appreciated
I'd say it's worth a watch, the plot is pretty ridiculous at times but I found most of the characters pretty likeable and there's some good cliffhangers in there.

The only spoiler I'll give you is that Damian's accent is absolutely honking (if you make it that far) and the production team have no idea what England looks like

I'd say it's worth a watch, the plot is pretty ridiculous at times but I found most of the characters pretty likeable and there's some good cliffhangers in there.

The only spoiler I'll give you is that Damian's accent is absolutely honking (if you make it that far) and the production team have no idea what England looks like
thanks for that mate. ill give it a go

thanks for that mate. ill give it a go
do ive got to episode 10 and im still on the fence! seems to be too many storylines that are rather pointless and add little to the story. will continue with it though and see where it goes.

eta its more like 24 with every episode. just not as good

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 10:12, ah-dee said:

do ive got to episode 10 and im still on the fence! seems to be too many storylines that are rather pointless and add little to the story. will continue with it though and see where it goes.

eta its more like 24 with every episode. just not as good

The "action thriller" bits are like substandard 24 and the political bits turn into really, really substandard West Wing. They should have binned it after the end of the first season which is when they clearly ran out of ideas.