League Cup Semi Final Draw

FlyerTon

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every draw has its downside.

Celtic = players cup tied
Rainjurs = having to put up with the peepul
Aberdeen/Saints = no day trio to Hampden.

Oh well, whatever draw we get we will have a great day out. First in my lifetime. Can't wait [emoji16][emoji16]

Morton would be a great draw. For the inevitable goalkeeping howler that wins you the match and the meltdown afterwards about how they were "cheated"

Hampden is shite. Imagine being desperate to play there.

Wouldn't say we're desperate to play there, but given its our first semi in 30 years then we'd prefer the prestige. Hampden is indeed shite.

We've not played at Tynecastle since 87 or some bullshit as well though.

This. Absolutely no atmosphere and you're miles from the pitch. Suppose you can delude yourself into thinking a game at Hampdens special, until you realise Clyde players play there twice a season.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

This. Absolutely no atmosphere and you're miles from the pitch. Suppose you can delude yourself into thinking a game at Hampdens special, until you realise Clyde players play there twice a season.

There's absolutely no atmosphere at Wembley either and your view is awful, but i don't remember thousands of English fans singing the song ' Que sera sera, whatever will be will be, we're going to Selhurst Park, Que sera sera.

1 hour ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Hampden might be shit but it wouldn't have felt the same if we didn't pump Celtic and Hearts there in 2013.

I think it would be rotten for the Morton fans if they didn't get to play at Hampden.

1 hour ago, port-ton said:

There's absolutely no atmosphere at Wembley either and your view is awful, but i don't remember thousands of English fans singing the song ' Que sera sera, whatever will be will be, we're going to Selhurst Park, Que sera sera.

The f**k are you on about

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

The f**k are you on about

The fact that fans across England get majorly excited and sing songs about going to Wembley, when it's a soullous vacuum of a stadium where you're miles away from the pitch, just like Hampden. Would have thought that would be pretty self-explanitory. 

Morton would be a great draw. For the inevitable goalkeeping howler that wins you the match and the meltdown afterwards about how they were "cheated"

Ok I'll bite. That was still to this day a ridiculous decision. Obviously caraux spilled it but the reason for the re-take being awarded was a joke.

11 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Ok I'll bite. That was still to this day a ridiculous decision. Obviously caraux spilled it but the reason for the re-take being awarded was a joke.

Yes, awarding us a free kick 40 yards from goal, which was virtually trundled at the keeper, was a pivotal moment in the match that cost you dearly.

Hampden it'll be then, meh. I'm a firm believer in only using the national stadium for a final and I'm not getting the point about the day out being better at Hampden - it's the occasion of the semi-final that makes it a great day out and that's what we've been missing out on for my whole life, not the stadium it's played in. It's going to be tremendous anyway so let's just enjoy it.

Archived