League Cup Semi Final Draw

FlyerTon

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doesn't really matter for us now. It's just different levels of really tough draws. A game at Tynecastle with Aberdeen sounds appealing though.

We brought 20k to our last league cup semi so it wouldn't (or shouldn't) be at Tynecastle, in the unlikely event of us eliminating St Johnstone and avoiding the bigots.

Fair enough. Would like to avoid a half empty Hampden though.

Absolutely, atmosphere would be 100 times better at Easter Road/Tynecastle/any other similar ground if you draw us or St J (or even Alloa). If we got through and drew you I'd prefer it to be at Easter Road tbh, but they'd probably put it at Hampden. All hypothetical for us at the moment though!

Oddly Sky & BT had made picks for SF weekend including Hearts v Rangers on Friday night, which will have to be cancelled, and St Johnstone v Dundee which may have to be.

Sure SFs will be at Hampden except St Johnstone v Morton would be in Edinburgh.

1 minute ago, HibeeJibee said:

I flirted with saying ER, but collectively mightn't they exceed 20k by enough to justify Hampden?

It's a tough call.

ER would be full wi possible fans turned away and folk moaning.

Hampden wouldn't even be half full and shite atmosphere.

As a neutral, I'd enjoy watching Aberdeen v Morton from Edinburgh 

I'd give Morton the Main stand and Aberdeen the other 3.

Give Aberdeen 2 to start and whoever is selling best can get the away stand (South) behind the goal

All this planning and they haven't even drew each other. Dons aren't even through either :lol:

16 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Sure SFs will be at Hampden except St Johnstone v Morton would be in Edinburgh.

I get that the 20k gives a bit of breathing space but would those two really come close to breaching the 10k figure?

As a fan in that scenario, I'd much prefer Edinburgh as it's a good day out and that but I'd imagine that the likes of Airdrie, Motherwell and Livingston would maybe be in play if the SFA were looking at a cheaper rent deal.

Archived