Kelty Hearts Thread?

leomessi1984

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, sponsorsladdie said:

I'd let them keep the title but remove the entry for the big Scottish and let a junior club play in it next season

As I say they can't do that - the rules specifically name the East Junior Superleague champion. Auchinleck or Kirkintilloch don't qualify if Glenafton do the 'double'. Not giving Kelty the place would look pretty spiteful and petty, tbh?

As I say they can't do that - the rules specifically name the East Junior Superleague champion. Auchinleck or Kirkintilloch don't qualify if Glenafton do the 'double'. Not giving Kelty the place would look pretty spiteful and petty, tbh?

They will have left by the time that the teams entered into the competition would be put forward by the SJFA. Having a team do the double is different to a team leaving the organisation.

50 minutes ago, sponsorsladdie said:

They will have left by the time that the teams entered into the competition would be put forward by the SJFA. Having a team do the double is different to a team leaving the organisation.

They have won their place by qualifying via the league structure in which they competed. That is the premise under which the whole thing operates. Next season is next season - Kelty will be somewhere else but they've done their job this season. 

59 minutes ago, sponsorsladdie said:

It's not really a matter of being "put forward"... Scottish Cup rules specify various competitions the winners of whom qualify, and as I say you can't nominate a runner-up. Do you want the slot effectively forfeited just to stop champions Kelty entering if they leave? If so, I don't see how that could be considered anything except spiteful and petty.

Thanks for the messages guys, everyone totally humbled.

As Super League champions our earned place in next seasons William Hill Scottish Cup is secure and rightly so. We had written confirmation 3 weeks ago (if we won the title) from the SFA confirming this.

The club will release a statement after Saturday on our position and future, the next few days are all about the Gaffer, his staff and our players.

18 minutes ago, kefc said:

As Super League champions our earned place in next seasons William Hill Scottish Cup is secure and rightly so. We had written confirmation 3 weeks ago (if we won the title) from the SFA confirming this.

The club will release a statement after Saturday on our position and future, the next few days are all about the Gaffer, his staff and our players.

Well done on winning the league, good luck for next season in whatever league your in.

On 1 June 2017 at 15:50, kefc said:

We are now 2 days after Saturday and still no statement. Be honest fair and up front with everyone involved in your decision, Association, Clubs, fans and sponsors. It will also importantly stop the grape vine, gossip mongers, and rumours flying about everywhere.

There are comments above that you have signed 2 players that would suggest that you have to be honest with them and tell them what level of football they will be playing at next season.

I am not hazarding a guess as to what League you will be playing in next season, I don't like gossip I like facts.

ITS TIME TO SPILL THE BEANS KELTY.

What would the players position be if Kelty are accepted to the East of Scotland league - do they all wish to make this move?

Would their current contracts become invalid - as the players signed to be juniors not seniors or do the contracts automatically transfer?

9 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The story in The Sun could be viewed as a statement from them and seems to state clearly what is going to happen.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBdxdGGXYAAgJ8m.jpg:large

So that excuse of a newspaper is now the PR Agents for Kelty. There are many who go nowhere near that joke of a newspaper.

Lets have the statement from Kelty Hearts FC not the Murdoch corporation.

Over on their forum it is stated that the EoSFL AGM is 8th June, which if correct is this Thursday. A good while earlier than the Junior AGM and the East Junior AGM.

I fail to see why folks expect any declaration from Kelty yet. They couldn't announce their intention to resign from the Juniors until after they'd definitely been voted in at the EoSFL AGM.

The EoSFL is a shockingly poor standard. Kelty would win every game by double figures. Not exactly entertainment / where's the interest in that for the existing EoSFL clubs? So it's not guaranteed that the existing EoSFL members would want them - turkeys don't vote for Christmas. Maybe the vote wouldn't go in their favour anyway...

Definitely appear to be short memories on what happened when Kelty played Lothian Thistle in the Scottish Cup only a couple of seasons ago. It should be a formality for Kelty to get into the EoS, but until they get the formal approval there is a limit to what they can reasonably be expected to say publicly. Worth noting that they are not the only east superleague club that are believed to have applied.

39 minutes ago, LeedsPhil said:

Over on their forum it is stated that the EoSFL AGM is 8th June, which if correct is this Thursday. A good while earlier than the Junior AGM and the East Junior AGM.

I fail to see why folks expect any declaration from Kelty yet. They couldn't announce their intention to resign from the Juniors until after they'd definitely been voted in at the EoSFL AGM.

The EoSFL is a shockingly poor standard. Kelty would win every game by double figures. Not exactly entertainment / where's the interest in that for the existing EoSFL clubs? So it's not guaranteed that the existing EoSFL members would want them - turkeys don't vote for Christmas. Maybe the vote wouldn't go in their favour anyway...

You would think only the teams who would be challenging for the title may object as a piece of self preservation, then again they may not. It may come down to the SFA telling the EOSL to accept them. I would imagine behind the scenes the've been hoping for a junior side to "jump ship" to give the pyramid more credibility. 

I would doubt that Kelty would beat the likes of Lothian, Leith and Tynecastle by double figures, some of the bottom end sides maybe but not the top end ones.

Whats in it for the existing clubs I would say getting an extra club into a league which took the severe brunt in membership and standard when the Lowland League was formed. The're getting a well supported side who I imagine will take supporters to away games bringing in revenue, I would say it would also increase the profile of the league.

3 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

You would think only the teams who would be challenging for the title may object as a piece of self preservation, then again they may not. It may come down to the SFA telling the EOSL to accept them. I would imagine behind the scenes the've been hoping for a junior side to "jump ship" to give the pyramid more credibility. 

I would doubt that Kelty would beat the likes of Lothian, Leith and Tynecastle by double figures, some of the bottom end sides maybe but not the top end ones.

who got promoted to LL this season.

Archived