Fixtures man strikes again

Krfc 10

To be fair, both East and West Fixtures Men are probably waiting for today's Scottish Junior Cup draw before they set fixtures for the next few weeks. I would expect fixtures for the 12th at least will be out in the next day or so.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, glensmad said:

The 19th may be a little more tricky for Fixtures Man, with the M74 closure.

then should use common sense andbplan accordingly. Also if was a full fixture list the closure would have been taken into account due to the fact the closure has been announced a fair bit of time ago.

2 minutes ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Aye right, already too late for the 12th for teams to make proper arrangements and if you want a licence you have until tomorrow for fixtures on the 19th.

Sick of hearing about this licence crap continually.How much money (in real terms after all costs and overheads have been deducted. ie PROFIT) do the clubs concerned actually make from selling a few cans of lager or whatever the alcohol concerned is at a Junior game on a Saturday. 

23 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

Only crap in your opinion, mine is different, upwards of £2k per season but lets not bother eh? revenue streams are hard enough to get and this is a good one for a lot of clubs.

Can I ask if Glasgow clubs are hamstrung with the same restrictions ?

So based on your figure and assuming that you have 20 home games a season (11 in the league and 8 assorted cup ties) your PROFIT is over £2k? Your sales of alcohol must be somewhere in the region of £4.5/£5k then???? If that`s the case then it would make more sense to develop your bar area to meet the criteria that would allow you to buy an annual licence instead of occasional. Assuming your figures are correct of course........

development of a bar area to meet the criteria is not an option at this point. How hard is it to issue fixtures with 14 days notice.

I am unlikely to make  the numbers up by the way, why court controversy? surely clubs should be pulling together to help each other.

Strange notion for some it seems :(

1 hour ago, Sancho Panza said:

Only crap in your opinion, mine is different, upwards of £2k per season but lets not bother eh? revenue streams are hard enough to get and this is a good one for a lot of clubs.

Can I ask if Glasgow clubs are hamstrung with the same restrictions ?

8 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

development of a bar area to meet the criteria is not an option at this point. How hard is it to issue fixtures with 14 days notice.

I am unlikely to make  the numbers up by the way, why court controversy? surely clubs should be pulling together to help each other.

Strange notion for some it seems :(

The question in relation to your figures was more to do with the fact that based on your average crowd size it would appear that a relatively small amount of people are drinking a lot of alcohol in what is essentially a short period of time. This has nothing to do with pulling together to help each other, it was a question relative to your clubs own unique circumstances surrounding fixtures and alcohol licencing. Not every club sells alcohol at their home games.

If you sell the amount you do then you should buy the occasional licence on spec( based on the preceding weeks fixtures and who you`ve played etc as well as factoring in cup replays) in the event that you have a home game when the fixtures come out. Even if you buy 10 through the season that you DON`T USE then based on your alcohol sales I would suggest its £100 over the course of the season that you would get back. 

Archived