Fixtures man strikes again

Krfc 10

1 hour ago, garrellburn said:

I have heard some names of those interested in taking over, it will be someone already involved at some level in the organisation, the club delegates will have a vote on it at next years AGM, and No, I'm not going to give even a hint as to who the potential new General Secretary will be, there is a lot more to the job than just putting out fixture lists.

Agrees there is. Glensmad knows me welland why I made the comment about him. Perhaps part of the problem is that the full extent of the roll hasn't been made easily available for fans to read. What should happen is that all fixtures IMHO should be done centrally for all areas instead of separate regions.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

The clubs are unhappy but the current incumbent is not going to change his draconian ways now.

If the Clubs were that unhappy then they would have submitted a motion prior to the AGM to have a full fixtures card produced which they would have subsequently voted on.It appears that perhaps the Clubs aren`t as unhappy as some of the supporters who now feel obliged to start an annual "fixtures mans a bawbag, anybody could dae it better than him" thread. Unless someone can tell me any different then I`m not aware of any club submitting any such motion prior to any AGM in the last 5 years at least!!

4 hours ago, GLESGABOY said:

If the Clubs were that unhappy then they would have submitted a motion prior to the AGM to have a full fixtures card produced which they would have subsequently voted on.It appears that perhaps the Clubs aren`t as unhappy as some of the supporters who now feel obliged to start an annual "fixtures mans a bawbag, anybody could dae it better than him" thread. Unless someone can tell me any different then I`m not aware of any club submitting any such motion prior to any AGM in the last 5 years at least!!

problem is to put out a full fixture list the same would have to be done across all regions so the Scottish can be factored in. It is time they done away with regions and had all admin ie fixtures, fines etc all done from sjfa

6 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

You are obviously unaware of the internal goings on, it's been done to death on here, roll on next August.

Unaware of what internal goings on?? Every club is represented at the AGM and prior to attending there is a mechanism for submitting motions/proposals for discussion/agreement/ratification or otherwise. If the clubs don`t propose it/anything then it can`t be voted on far less discussed. There`s no conspiracy attached to it despite the best efforts to suggest otherwise. Start with your own clubs representatives/committee and tell them that you`re unhappy with fixtures,Winter, etc etc etc and then get them to get it on the agenda for discussion. What are you going to do come August if the new incumbent dealing with fixtures fails to keep you happy? I know you could start a thread on here about the fixtures man being incomp .......oh....

1 hour ago, whitburn exile said:

problem is to put out a full fixture list the same would have to be done across all regions so the Scottish can be factored in. It is time they done away with regions and had all admin ie fixtures, fines etc all done from sjfa

Scottish Cup dates/weekends are known in advance so any region putting out a full fixture list would incorporate these dates. The management of the list  would come in when you have to deal with postponed fixtures and cup replays etc

16 minutes ago, GLESGABOY said:

Scottish Cup dates/weekends are known in advance so any region putting out a full fixture list would incorporate these dates. The management of the list  would come in when you have to deal with postponed fixtures and cup replays etc

hence why scrapping the regions and having full list being controlled in one place.

21 minutes ago, whitburn exile said:

hence why scrapping the regions and having full list being controlled in one place.

That won`t be happening anytime soon.....Fixtures man for all regions????...I can feel a thread about the shite national fixtures man coming on!!!!

Surely it is not out of the question for teams to know their fixture for the 22nd Oct by 7th Oct?? Especially when 14 days notice is needed for a licence.

Its really hard to raise funds these days, selling a few cans at the game fair helps the income. Nothing to do with fixtures for all regions at all, as said earlier give one good decent reason why these are not out, its only a few games ffs

22nd is Scottish cup weekend so a large amount of teams already know their fixture and its listed on the west site.

I do get there are some clubs who went out in round one, but would imagine they will have some fixtures added soon enough.

My point being the majority of teams do know the 22nd fixture

Aye superb . Club asks for a bit more notice to apply for a licence for the bar on Friday as it requires 14 days notice & he waits until today . Guy is obviously at the wind up . Is he purposely going out of his way to f**k the clubs over?

Last year it was a moan about lack of home league matches, this year you will have played 4 by end of October (out of 6) but now you are not happy with the notice you are getting.

What will be next years moan?

Archived