Fixtures man strikes again

Krfc 10

11 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:

If I was the Pollok treasurer I would be asking questions as to why he gives only 8 days notice to our local derby when he has had nearly a week to announce the game instead of announcing it last Saturday night denying days worth of hospitality & sponsorship potential .

That's EXACTLY the issue that concerns me!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Mr Motivator said:

Put a full list of fixtures out at the start of the season and leave the clubs effected affected by Scottish cup replays to rearrange there their own games

Totally agree! (Apart from your spelling that is ;))

1 hour ago, whitburn exile said:

so having read all the stick the fixtures man gets a lot of it fairly who is going to replace him? Also agree there should be a full fixture list produced across all regions. Perhaps fixtures should be controlled directly by the sjfa and negate the need for regional administration. This could be a step towards modernisation and perhaps towards a full pyramid giving those clubs wishing to climb up the ranks an opportunity to do so.

Somebody is going to have to replace him, as he retires at the end of the season.

It would be the perfect opportunity to introduce such a change in practice.

34 minutes ago, archieb said:

Somebody is going to have to replace him, as he retires at the end of the season.

It would be the perfect opportunity to introduce such a change in practice.

Remember in 1991 sitting into one of our AGMs as a school pupil and listening to one of our most elderly fans saying he would give our club 3 or 4 years and once that current elderly committee stepped down he forecast that the club would be no longer , simple fact is that usually there is someone to come in and step up to the plate and quite often it can be for the better . 

Junior football absolutely hates change and is terrified of it and its hate of change is the one thing that I really don't like about our level , embrace the change and see it as an opportunity and not a hindrance . 

Another subject where the people on here should be lobbying their own clubs and their relevant committees first before they start lambasting the people who administer the game on behalf of the clubs. If the clubs really want change on fixtures or indeed any subject then all they need to do is follow the process laid down within the constitution for proposing change at the AGM`s. It`s up to the other member clubs to ratify or otherwise any changes. Full seasons fixture list?? Motion lodged at AGM and the clubs then make a decision on it. Easiest thing in the world to come on here and other forums and complain about the same shit year after year when the power to impose change sits with the clubs first and foremost.....   

With North Ayrshire Council requiring 14 days notice for an occasional licence the fixture man has to get the fixtures for the 22nd out before Friday!!!!

Unless of course they don't give a toss about clubs incomes.

Scottish Junior Cup 2nd round.

With Linlithgow playing Stirling Albion on the 22nd does that mean that Clydebank FC have a free week?

Not necessarily. Linlithgow v Clydebank is on 29th, but Bankies may be given a league fixture on 22nd if there is opposition available.

15 hours ago, The Ilford Drummer said:

Give me one good reason why teams not playing in the Scottish on 22nd don't have s fixture yet??

Got to agree, to comply with NAC licence we need to apply for it with 14 days notice, if at home on 22nd that deadline is Friday, what's the betting the fixtures come out Friday night or Saturday morning???

Got to agree, to comply with NAC licence we need to apply for it with 14 days notice, if at home on 22nd that deadline is Friday, what's the betting the fixtures come out Friday night or Saturday morning???

Well anytime the fixtures man is late with handing out games which is the norm then clubs should be sending in a bill for lost revenue due to the bar being shut . Most weeks during the winter your lucky of a weeks notice ..This might get him out of his slumber but somehow I doubt it . The man doesn't care about the welfare of the clubs he is paid to represent

On 03/10/2016 at 19:36, whitburn exile said:

I think Glensmad should take over as fixtures organiser

I have heard some names of those interested in taking over, it will be someone already involved at some level in the organisation, the club delegates will have a vote on it at next years AGM, and No, I'm not going to give even a hint as to who the potential new General Secretary will be, there is a lot more to the job than just putting out fixture lists.

See if he has a genuine reason for not posting fixtures, why does he not put a wee tweet out, or a message on website. Keep people informed, then he might no get half the shit thats flung his way

Archived