Fixtures man strikes again

Krfc 10

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

Or...issue fixtures more than 14 days in advance and clubs wouldn't need to apply for a licence that they might not use.

Ok so we can`t get what we want so let`s do nothing but continually moan about it................... OR submit a motion regarding fixtures to the AGM for approval by the clubs OR do something that`s within your own control at your own club..............

33 minutes ago, GLESGABOY said:

Ok so we can`t get what we want so let`s do nothing but continually moan about it................... OR submit a motion regarding fixtures to the AGM for approval by the clubs OR do something that`s within your own control at your own club..............

We would love to have control but the NAC licencing board insist on the name of the opposition is included on the licence application with 14 days notice, impossible.

Will ask again are Glasgow clubs hamstrung with the same criteria?

2 minutes ago, Sancho Panza said:

We would love to have control but the NAC licencing board insist on the name of the opposition is included on the licence application with 14 days notice, impossible.

I`ve got no idea if they have to meet the same criteria. The criteria laid down in the licence application process was put in place following representations from the West Region and Police Scotland so perhaps you could start to lobby them?! The other point in relation to the question regarding your figures was that the figures looked to be high in my opinion not only in relation to the crowd size(s) but also on the basis that realistically you will only be selling alcohol for 1 hour before the game (selling at half time is prohibited) and I would be surprised at any significant numbers hanging around for an hour after full time to buy alcohol when they can go back to whichever local they frequent. 

The over-arching point remains the same though. It`s within the clubs power to instigate change either internally within their own club(s) or within their Region(s)

Maybe ask on the Rob Roy thread as they have their bar area open every time I have been for a Cumbernauld or RR game. But that will probably fall under north Lanarkshire.

Can't think of many Glasgow grounds I have been in that have drink on sale inside the ground like you find in Ayrshire.

I assume Hurlford have different licence laws in East Ayrshire for their hut or is that actually classed as a bar with a annual licence?

Archived