Fixtures man strikes again

Krfc 10

Just seen fixtures for Saturday 1st October, in our league shettleston play on the Sunday in the cup final against rob roy, so a team from our league will miss out in a league game whoever was meant to play shettleston, looks like it's Kilsyth, but we have already played shettleston in the league and we are only 4 league games in, how do you work that out?? 2 weeks in a row without a game now, you couldn't make it up

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get your point, but four of the six fixtures in your division are at risk of being bumped by cup replays/rearrangements anyway, so there may well be a revised fixture list that does give you a 1st October game. Frankly, I'm surprised he's even issued a list of 1st October fixtures at all now - I thought we wouldn't be seeing one until after this Saturday's cups' draws/PPs were known.

FFS, I've just booked a weekend away and now we are scheduled to play the dodgers on the 1st. :thumbsdown

Hopefully one of us is involved in a replay for the Scottish to blow that fixture off the card.:rolleyes:

T

4 minutes ago, tombo said:

FFS, I've just booked a weekend away and now we are scheduled to play the dodgers on the 1st. :thumbsdown

Ooh, Rutherglen Glencairn v Petershill, and I'll be in Fuengirola. 8) I wonder if Gerry can do me a live broadcast by Periscope....

5 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Ooh, Rutherglen Glencairn v Petershill, and I'll be in Fuengirola. 8) I wonder if Gerry can do me a live broadcast by Periscope....

I will be gutted if I miss it as it is our first opportunity to get back at them after the notorious Marymass derby.;)

PS lucky you sunny Fuengirola8), I will be in miserable Yorkshire:( (No offence to any Yorkshire men & women on this forum):shutup

T

I can sympathise with teams who have no fixture but the secretary does his best . I have in years gone past criticised the fixtures but it is very difficult to please all.The only way to satisfy is to put the fixtures for the full season out at the start of the season.

11 hours ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Is the cause of you having two weeks off not because youve actively chosen to not have a game due to a bank holiday? If so then thats entirely your choice. As for the fixtures guy, im not surprised about any fcuk ups from him, the man is an idiot.

Don't know if it was us or the team that we were playing that requested this weekend off due to the bank holiday, that's not the point, we are only 4 games into the league and we have played shettleston, so according to him we were scheduled to play shettleston again??? That's the point I am making

31 minutes ago, Krfc 10 said:

Don't know if it was us or the team that we were playing that requested this weekend off due to the bank holiday, that's not the point, we are only 4 games into the league and we have played shettleston, so according to him we were scheduled to play shettleston again??? That's the point I am making

Maybe he just wanted to give all the rest of the teams the chance to catch up with Kilsyth after your flying start. :thumsup2

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

Maybe he just wanted to give all the rest of the teams the chance to catch up with Kilsyth after your flying start. :thumsup2

Aye glensmad lol, hope we can keep it up, same last year, got a good start, like the look of that at ardrossan too, night game we had at renfrew was a crackin game and a wee change from the norm

3 hours ago, BumbleBeeBlastie said:

Would absolutely love night games 

It needs to be the way forward as clubs in non league in England with worse grounds than junior have floodlights . 

We can all moan at the lack of fixture card and a lack of competence from the  fixture man but floodlights would help him or the next guy hugely and would open up dates all year round . 

1 hour ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

It needs to be the way forward as clubs in non league in England with worse grounds than junior have floodlights . 

We can all moan at the lack of fixture card and a lack of competence from the  fixture man but floodlights would help him or the next guy hugely and would open up dates all year round . 

Friday night for me. Be happy as a pig in shit Friday at ladeside games haha 

6 hours ago, PRICEY said:

The sad thing about it was they used to allow them.Dunipace regularly played them at Westfield late 70's early 80's.

So did Neilston.  First ever junior league game under lights was in January 1965 against Kilwinning Rangers.  And the lights were so good STV sent a film crew up and the highlights were later shown on Scotsport.

Archived