East Fife vrs Livi

Such utter arrogance from the Livi fans going into today's game. Such smugness deserves a pumping.

I had a feeling a shock was on the cards we would win this one.

As the man above said. How is that working out for you???

Fantastic post!

I've been reading this all week and thinking what arrogance from the livi fans and hoped youd tear them a new one.

Well done to east fife.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that was pleasing !!! Great shift from the boys today. Jamie Insall took his goals brilliantly and showed what a handful he can be. Mark Hurst was excellent and inspired confidence in his defence in front of him. Great credit to Gary getting tactics spot on.

Livi looked decent but think they were over confident bordering on arrogant. Didn't really see the incidents resulting in the sending offs but think the game was over by then. 

Today showed we've nothing to be worried about in this League - full time teams or not. Big game against Stenny next week as a win could open up an 11 point gap over them. Hopefully Pat Slattery will recover quickly and Scott Robinson is back too.

Hope the Livi fans who thought they'd give us a doing will enjoy their humble pie this evening 

Well this has spoiled my evening in Turkey, nah not really, another pint to cheer me up.

By all accounts sounds like we were soundly beaten by a decent East Fife side who have started the season excellently.

My mate who was at the game said that both red cards were a complete nonsense and doesn't think the ref even knew what they were for but never mind. 

We lost today but things could've been worse, Alloa dropping points means we are still only a point behind, lots of twists and turns to go in the season.

East Fife were cracking today. Defence dealt with everything and your keeper is a great capture.

Long balls punted at our 3 centre backs with the wind helped all 3 of your goals. Insall looks a good player tbh hoped he'd get his 3rd as he deserved it. Your number 7 was also a decent player.

We just couldn't break through that keeper of yours. He really knows how to deal with balls into the box. Unlike ours who thinks it's acceptable to let the ball bounce before flapping at it.
Cadden is good with the ball at his feet but is a greedy wee shite.
Mullen is a great player when he stays on his feet and Mullin put everything into that game today and deserved his goal.
Only saw the Miller sending off which baffled me as much as everyone on the park. Didn't see Lithgows but in all fairness, he's shite and Morgan Neill deserves his chance to show how good he is next week.
Longridge was ace when he came on and was very unlucky to get the yellow card for Insall falling into him
Disappointing game from a Livi point of view and a lot of players will already be fearing getting dropped next week. Starting with Kelly. Shocking goalkeeping performance from him today.
East fife will do well this season, just hope we pump yous at home[emoji14]

Well this has spoiled my evening in Turkey, nah not really, another pint to cheer me up.

By all accounts sounds like we were soundly beaten by a decent East Fife side who have started the season excellently.

My mate who was at the game said that both red cards were a complete nonsense and doesn't think the ref even knew what they were for but never mind. 

We lost today but things could've been worse, Alloa dropping points means we are still only a point behind, lots of twists and turns to go in the season.

Number 4 tried to elbow insall in the face, red card all day long as was the first one the way he went into that tackle.

Afraid your mate is talking out of his arse, both Reds were perhaps the only decisions the referee got correct in the whole game!!!

Miller's red was for a pretty horrible straight legged, studs up, off the ground tackle which took Pat Slattery out just above the ankle, if his foot had been planted it would have been a leg breaker!!!

Lithgow's red was justifiable for his actions, he was getting roasted and toasted again by Jamie Insall, who had harassed him quite successfully all day, he had obviously had enough and in an amazing late entry for the Head's Gone of the week award, elbows Jamie quite blatantly in the face, five yards from the standside linesman and five yards from the ref in the opposite direction, straight red, he had to go!!!

Your team were soundly beaten mate so have another EFES and forget about it!!!

Btw try the EFES Malt, it's better IMO!!![emoji6]

Number 4 tried to elbow insall in the face, red card all day long as was the first one the way he went into that tackle.

If it's an elbow in the face then yeah he deserved to walk. HOWEVER. Youre saying "tried" and another EF supporter is saying "did". Which one was it?

Millers I don't agree was a straight red, he won the ball evidenced by the fact the challenge was toward goal but the ball ended up on the right wing.

What have you done to Liam Kelly???
He was a great keeper for us last season, and made quite a big contribution towards us winning the Title!!!

If it's an elbow in the face then yeah he deserved to walk. HOWEVER. Youre saying "tried" and another EF supporter is saying "did". Which one was it?

Millers I don't agree was a straight red, he won the ball evidenced by the fact the challenge was toward goal but the ball ended up on the right wing.

I seen him throw the elbow from 30 yards away so couldn't really see it connect others may have

8 hours ago, Brucelee1973 said:

East Fife will win today, will be tight but we will win...... Defence has tightened up recently and we are scoring goals. Perfect for us and I hope Livy come at Fife it plays right into oor hands as well.

East Fife were easily the better side today and restricted livi to very little today. This league is going to be very open as it goes into the later stages of this year. The 3 clubs who have started the best are all beatable and I fully expect that there will be closing up in the next few months. If EF dont make the Play Offs from wha tI have sen of the team so far then I will be well pissed off.

East Fife played to the conditions well, and they can be like that at Bayview a lot.  High balls holding up in the wind were causing mayhem.  Insall was a constant threat, nipiing around the centre halfs and chasing things down all game.

No passengers in that East Fife side today, every one of them playing well.  Thought Ross Brown had one of his best games recently, Hurst also very deserving of a mention.  Seemed a mile ahead of some of the performances from Willie Muir this year.

First half was as good a half of football I've seen from EasT Fife in a long time.  Second was about keeping Livi at bay when they went for it.  If I was being hyper-critical, I'd say we should have killed the game off on one of the breakaways.  A very well deserved, if unexpected, 3 points.  Delighted!

The sendings off I'd have to see on the highlights.I did't see the alleged elbow on Insall, and was far too far away and at the wrong angle to see the first

The first red card was a bad foul and you heard the hit. The second was just stupid, right infront of ref and linesman an elbow to the face! Stupid anywhere on pitch never mind with officials within a 5 meter radius. Great win from the fife though. Push on to get a clear margin in 4th and I'll be happy :)

Credit where credit is due, EF done brilliantly.

Both reds I don't think were merited and the ref couldn't handle a game that was rapidly heating up in a fast paced atmosphere.

Got it wrong today, still don't doubt that we will go on to win the league but we're within a point of top still anyway so no major crisis.

Today was a pretty prime example of how limited, or how far, David Hopkin is/has to go as a manager and not a coach. Was abundantly clear in the opening 10 minutes that the back three was getting us horsed, and yet he persisted with it. If EF didn't fade as the game went on they could and maybe should have score more. Total bumpkin. Not as much a bumpkin as Kelly though, he hasn't looked anywhere near commanding of his area or defence as a goalkeeper should be since he joined us. Unfortunately for us, the whole team seemed to be on one today. No discredit to East Fife though, they fucking horsed us early doors and were resolute in defence throughout and I am absolutely certain Hurst the GK was a youth player with us. Funny how these things go around.

Also, it's such a shite and naive attitude to say that we'll fucking pump any team in this division tbh. There's a reason we're here, and there's a reason why all the players in our squad are with us as opposed to a higher level. Not to mention it makes you look like a total fool when we inevitably don't turn up, like today.

Credit where credit is due, EF done brilliantly.

Both reds I don't think were merited and the ref couldn't handle a game that was rapidly heating up in a fast paced atmosphere.

Got it wrong today, still don't doubt that we will go on to win the league but we're within a point of top still anyway so no major crisis.

Just out of curiosity what would you think an elbow in the face would merit?

A massive three points for us this afternoon. Overall I think this was down to a terrific team effort. We took our chances and defended brilliantly at times throughout the 90 minutes. I felt Livingston posed a threat going forward but were vulnerable at the back, something that was obviously picked up and exploited by the Gaffer in his pre-match game plan.

Thankfully the red cards didn't affect the outcome - the game was done and dusted by then. Having seen the footage the first red was probably harsh and I would expect an appeal against the decision. The elbow for the second dismissal was pure frustration. Jamie Insall was a nuisance all afternoon and the laddie just lost his discipline...

Archived