East Fife vrs Livi

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

A massive three points for us this afternoon. Overall I think this was down to a terrific team effort. We took our chances and defended brilliantly at times throughout the 90 minutes. I felt Livingston posed a threat going forward but were vulnerable at the back, something that was obviously picked up and exploited by the Gaffer in his pre-match game plan.

Thankfully the red cards didn't affect the outcome - the game was done and dusted by then. Having seen the footage the first red was probably harsh and I would expect an appeal against the decision. The elbow for the second dismissal was pure frustration. Jamie Insall was a nuisance all afternoon and the laddie just lost his discipline...

You just summed up the game perfectly.

Apologies Angus I see it was a straight red, hard to tell from Turkey!

I may of mentioned this before on this thread Liam but try the EFES Malt it's seriously good !!![emoji6]

37 minutes ago, LiamA said:

Apologies Angus I see it was a straight red, hard to tell from Turkey!

A Livi v East Fife re match over the pool table in Turkey somewhere ? Lol

32 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

I may of mentioned this before on this thread Liam but try the EFES Malt it's seriously good !!!emoji6.png

You have, I tried, sound advice :-) 

East Fife were wise not to play to their strengths IMO.

You're right of course, Gary's decision to play to your weaknesses is what won us the game!!!

7 hours ago, King Kebab said:

How's that working out for you???emoji6.png

Yeah worked out well eh.:shutup

Didn't really come at us per se, was more long balls hit to catch us out with the bounce on your pitch, but you certainly played to home advantage knowing how to trouble us. Wasn't pretty football but it worked and we struggled to deal with high balls into our box all first half, esp with the wind assisting the long balls. Route one from the keeper for the first and two crosses hit from the angles for the other two, we also got away with heading one of the line earlier when Kelly came out to the edge of his box when a ball was hit over the top, so we got a warning of what was coming.

Kelly fecking up for the 3rd goal killed the game off for us, was just too much to come back from 2nd half, 2-0 down with the wind behind  us and East Fife not being able to hit long balls and we'd have had at chance of getting something, but East Fife saw out the game quite comfortably with a 3-0 first half lead.

Don't know about the red cards, looked a good 50-50 challenge for Miller's and didn't see Lithgow's alleged elbow, didn't really effect the game as we'd already lost whether they stayed till the end or not, will effect us fr the games they're suspended though as both are key players

East Fife play similar to Brechin, very direct and have pacey attacking players, difficult team to play against.

Wasn't too much damage done league position wise we've moved down to 3rd place one point behind Alloa and Brechin, just have to pick ourselves back up for the next game.

Fair enough, wrong but fair enough!!!

I'll give you that two of our goals were fairly route one but as you say that was because of the conditions not because of our overall style of prey, we stretched you and harried you in a way you probably haven't seen this season and on a way your hammer thrower defense couldn't cope with, tbh it should have been 4-0 at ht, remember that move before the first when about three different EF players didn't want to shoot when Kelly was beaten everytime, astonishing!!!

We all knew you were going to try and pummel us in the 2nd half and tbf it felt like one of the longest halfs ever!!!

But still you didn't threaten as I imagine you have in your other games this season, you had the majority of the ball but flattered to deceive, I think as has already been said some damage has been done to your side today, not just the fact that we have shown that you are not infallible but that your players indiscipline may have cost you dear in your upcoming games!!!

Reckon we'll beat you at home but it'll be another tough game for us, certainly wont struggle on our own home surface like we did yesterday, we had a few players losing their footing, had the same problem at Alloa's ground. Can't blame that for our defeat though, we were out smarted and out played in the first half.

On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 23:59, falkirkwasp said:

Didnt want it to go into extra time either, think we will win this comfortably as i dont think we have reached our potential over the last few weeks so think we'll get back on track.

11 hours ago, falkirkwasp said:

Fantastic post!

I've been reading this all week and thinking what arrogance from the livi fans and hoped youd tear them a new one.

Well done to east fife.

Yeah fuckall cocky or arrogant about your post in the Stenny match thread, and what a shocker, a fan of the team we were joint top with glad we got beat.

:lol:

Some truths , and a fair amount of billy big boys patronising crap in this thread. In the first half BOTH teams played the long ball. We did it to score, you guys did it in panic to clear your lines. What was the crap about the bouncy pitch and players slipping. Bayview is one of the best playing surfaces in the country, if you can't play on that , try rugby or the likes. If "playing to our strengths" means getting the ball to our striker as quickly as possible, then I always thought that was one of the objects of the game. Poor discipline cost Livvi throughout the game. If you have any aspirations for glory, I suggest they fix that. From the middle of the first half I said Livvi wouldn't finish with 11, some of them had " lost the place " after the 3rd goal went in.
Football is so much about playing the opposition on the day , and being adaptable. East Five did just that yesterday. Livvi may have had a lot of possession , but at 3 0 , I never really thought you'd pull it back.
Livvi we're well beaten on the day, and I think your players frustration proved that point. lessons learned, and as some of you say, " we'll see what happens at Almonvale" . Hopefully you may show a bit more respect and humility for your opponents, otherwise Gary and co. will have another fairly easy pre match pep talk.

14 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

A Livi v East Fife re match over the pool table in Turkey somewhere ? Lol

You have, I tried, sound advice :-) 

You're welcome!!!

Can I also recommend necking half a dozen of the EFES Xtra Shots before heading out for a cheap night???

52_450xNULL.jpg

Archived