Airdrie v Rovers

2lgm

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not got a good feeling about this one. They'll be in our faces and our defence has the strength of a soggy Kit Kat.

Sadly our previously strong defence is in a similarly moist confectionary related state.

We haven't beaten you for a while, (possibly since the 7-2 game, cup penalty shootout aside) so we are due a win but in reality a point would be terrific.

Also we have no Ally Love who scored twice on your ground last season and seemed to thrive on this fixture.

Still, bring it on eh?

I paid a fiver to see the Rovers/St Mirren game as a concession price, and would have to say a tenner at Airdrie is well worth the price differential for a seat/a good view/toilets that don't come from the 19th century/a good view of Craigneuk park with no one seeking a free view from the hill on Petersburn road/and advertising boards that don't fall down. The full price differential for 16 quid is not that bad a deal either. Mind you the football won't be much better than it was several seasons ago when the price was the same 16 quid. Afraid to predict any score given how badly I have done so far but a 0-0 is not on.

2 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I paid a fiver to see the Rovers/St Mirren game as a concession price, and would have to say a tenner at Airdrie is well worth the price differential for a seat/a good view/toilets that don't come from the 19th century/a good view of Craigneuk park with no one seeking a free view from the hill on Petersburn road/and advertising boards that don't fall down. The full price differential for 16 quid is not that bad a deal either. Mind you the football won't be much better than it was several seasons ago when the price was the same 16 quid. Afraid to predict any score given how badly I have done so far but a 0-0 is not on.

For sure.  I would back us to score at least once against anyone in this league, but at the other end we lose the same kinds of goals time after time.  3-2 for Airdrie, why not? 

27 minutes ago, Tulloch Gorum said:

For sure.  I would back us score at least once against anyone in this league, but at the other end we lose the same kinds of goals time after time.  3-2 for Airdrie, why not? 

If we lose a goal to another cross ball I will be demented but your score is not too far away. I will go against all my previous views by going for 2-0 for Airdrie.

7-2 Airdrie? Is that our odds to win?!:P Seriously though, I see in the Advertiser that, according to Mc Bride, "form goes out of the window" in a local derby - I would LOVE to see our current "form" go out of the window PERMANENTLY!! Surely we must get a decent victory - and hopefully combined with a clean sheet- sooner or later? 

Archived