EFL Cup 16-17

7-2

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, keithgy said:

Only Dier started on saturday

It's ridiculous. They should have the same rule in all cup competitions as they do in the diddy English one, something along the lines of 5 or 6 starters of a game must have played in the previous match. 

1 hour ago, 7-2 said:

A Liverpool XI v a Tottenham XI tonight then. 

Liverpool Reserves vs Spurs Reserves. Arsenal also fielded a reserve team. The sponsors will be livid.

Btw, Debuchy did not make the Arsenal reserve squad tonight. Is he out on loan? I can't recall him being punted.

Enjoyed that tonight one of the best things about the League Cup is seeing the youngsters and fringe players getting a chance. The Spurs penalty made it a bit nervy late on but Liverpool deserved winners. 

ETA ... Its a stick on Liverpool will face Rafas Newcastle in this competition. 

1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Liverpool Reserves vs Spurs Reserves. Arsenal also fielded a reserve team. The sponsors will be livid.

Btw, Debuchy did not make the Arsenal reserve squad tonight. Is he out on loan? I can't recall him being punted.

Perhaps this is just a massive wooosh on my part but given that there's no sponsor, I can't see that being an issue. And Sky will still hype it up regardless.

35 minutes ago, Latino Lover said:

49k at St James' to witness a pleasing demolition of Preston. Leeds home please.

53,051 at Anfield sold out straight away. Good crowds for the League Cup. 

3 hours ago, Latino Lover said:

49k at St James' to witness a pleasing demolition of Preston. Leeds home please.

3 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

53,051 at Anfield sold out straight away. Good crowds for the League Cup. 

The best crowd of the night was at Elland Road:

Very satisfying.

13 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Perhaps this is just a massive wooosh on my part but given that there's no sponsor, I can't see that being an issue. And Sky will still hype it up regardless.

Not a whoosh. I had thought that the E now stood for Emirates (which also sponsors the FA Cup). The loss of sponsorship this season must be a reflection of its devalued status amongst the top Premier League clubs. There should be a company or brand that would be interested in sponsoring it, even at a lower value. Cockwomble-ism must have spread to England.

Archived