cup winners in fife

Thathanka Iyothake

Went to Glenrothes  last sat good enough game. After game went upstairs to bar

got talking to a few old mates they were discussing which Fife  teams had won the most

trophies  .One of the guys said that  during the last 30Years Kelty Hearts ,in all Cup Competitions had lost

more Junior Cup Finals than they had Won.  I was very surprised by this , could some of the

Kelty people who are long term  followrs of  their team confirm this or tell us Keltys  record in The Cups.

As far as I'm aware Kelty have never won the Scottish cup , remember Kilwinning Rangers beating them in a final and Linlithgow rose beating them in a final AET with a last minute header at East end park , kelty  hearts aren't a very old club though and it's quite interesting to note that they weren't founded until 1975 which is quite Young for a football club. 

The discussion on cup winners , other clubs namely Glenrothes, Hill of beath , Oakley and others were spoken

about. It appears that anything Kelty and Cogsy gets Paranoid Android . Quiet sure that someone connected 

to Kelty can enlighten us or some football geek  in Fife will get the record books out. I have seen many

Cup Finals in Fife  during the last 20 years but don't have any records on winners losers

In reply to S.t.L.  didn't mean to upset Kelty boys, but  thanks for the answer to my post, al pass that on.

Many true Junior fans like to discuss Records past and present. Kelty are news in Central Fife

because their budget ££ is supposed to be similar to Lithgae and probably more than Boness

they have recruited good players , sometimes Money does not always bring success time will tell.

Going to watch  super games  only ,  wont be going back to Glenrothes again this season  T.

Archived