Celtic v Killie

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

If a club insists as part of a loan deal that he can't play against them and it's written in the deal, then they can't play against them.

27 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Except when it's in the Champions League, where the rules state he can play. It was all explained about three years ago with the Courtois situation when he was loaned out and ended up playing against Chelsea.

It's absolutely nothing to do with Patrick Roberts dademoji38.png

Just like Celtic loanee Bangura playing for Elfsborg after Celtic said no. I heard that Bangura's dad insisted he played though.

Except when it's in the Champions League, where the rules state he can play. It was all explained about three years ago with the Courtois situation when he was loaned out and ended up playing against Chelsea.

It's absolutely nothing to do with Patrick Roberts dad[emoji38]

Shockingly I'm with Daviebhoy here (shoot me now).

Not so much on the point of his dad saying it has to happen but certainly with the fact that Man City wouldn't have let him go on loan if they were adamant that he wouldn't play against them in the Champions League. They are the "selling" club in this deal to an extent so would be able to say yes or no to whatever they wanted as part of the deal.

The fact that UEFA allow loan players to play against their parent club doesn't mean they can force a player to play. City could easily have had a "no play" gentlemans agreement built in or refuse to do the deal with Celtic.

I feel dirty now.

Archived