Scotland Squad

das scooter boy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Amateur Footie Fan said:

Doubt it, if the Manager thought there was someone there who could do a turn for him he would pick them. Just not good enough in his opinion.

There is no better player than Knapp in the ammy game to be honest. Would walk into any starting 11 in the country. 

looking at the scottish team   .this shows me that the men in glasgow who are in charge..have a grudge against ayrshire players... i know 5 or 6 in the squad.. and i could name 10 players in ayrshire who would not lose there place in there team to these  lads..knapp  had his chance and blew it... seems they think all ayrshire boys cant behave

Could go on at length here and it could look like a rant against Bruce which its not. Before a starts must point out no got a gripe with Bruce as a know him from his Tiber days and was a good manager a decent bloke . 

It seems to me that there's defo a problem with players from the Ayrshire area , OK accept that not all players can make the tournement with work commitments and family's etc.. But players seem to be ommited from the squad due to there character and whether they " can behave off the park " , the best player in amateur football in my opinion seems to be banned from the national side due to an off the field incident . I'm no here as a cheerleader for the Ayrshire players just a cant accept that if ur not a " choir boy " off the field and on it then ur not getting a look in , give me scheme / street player any day of the week , aslong  as they can do it on the pitch then forget wot goes on off it .  Maybe someone from the safa management team which is huge btw can come on and clear these questions up? 

Even the Ayrshire association do not pick knapp due to his off field behaviour which to me is a joke. No one can deny what he did was wrong and he got what he deserved but that should not effect him being selected for an amateur team. There are drug cheat, serious assault convicts, and even paedophiles GETTING OR BEEN PAID TO PLAY at the highest level. Let bygones be bygones and select players that are good enough and knapp is most certainly that !

Fair play to Bruce for sticking with most of the boys that came through the early part of competition but imo this squad is nowhere near good enough for next stage. 

Folk on here might not like it but Colville should have at least 5 or 6 players in the squad as well as the 2 standout players for shortlees(gold and knapp) 

24 minutes ago, muller said:

Fair play to Bruce for sticking with most of the boys that came through the early part of competition but imo this squad is nowhere near good enough for next stage. 

Folk on here might not like it but Colville should have at least 5 or 6 players in the squad as well as the 2 standout players for shortlees(gold and knapp) 

Who are to Colville players in your eyes should be in muller 

8 hours ago, Js1982 said:

Peebles

mckay

fotheringham 

boy Bradley a think that's his name  came from Greenock.

Thats 4 I would say should be first picks and they also have chrissy Craig who you would think would maybe be involved as well.

Theres 2 boys in the Scotland team who are just of the back of a 10-0 defeat to Colville. Both of them good players who I think deserve to be there in terms of ability but that result alone should leave Bruce in no doubt he should have picked some Colville boys as that's where the best players are.

The players I have mentioned may be injured or have choose not to play I don't know but it just seems a crazy decision not to take from best team in the country imo.

I agree with the comments about Colville and Ayrshire teams having players in the squad 100 percent! With regard to 10 0, were the 2 lads even playing? On Twitter it says they had 10 players unavailable for the game, the Haldane i played against last season wouldn't lose by that margin. It's a pathetic number of goals to concede lol

Could go on at length here and it could look like a rant against Bruce which its not. Before a starts must point out no got a gripe with Bruce as a know him from his Tiber days and was a good manager a decent bloke . 

It seems to me that there's defo a problem with players from the Ayrshire area , OK accept that not all players can make the tournement with work commitments and family's etc.. But players seem to be ommited from the squad due to there character and whether they " can behave off the park " , the best player in amateur football in my opinion seems to be banned from the national side due to an off the field incident . I'm no here as a cheerleader for the Ayrshire players just a cant accept that if ur not a " choir boy " off the field and on it then ur not getting a look in , give me scheme / street player any day of the week , aslong  as they can do it on the pitch then forget wot goes on off it .  Maybe someone from the safa management team which is huge btw can come on and clear these questions up? 

Sometimes players choose not to be available for the squad, so it's not always the Manager not picking the players. In the past, players have decided they don't want to be part of the Ayrshire Select Squad.

Sometimes players choose not to be available for the squad, so it's not always the Manager not picking the players. In the past, players have decided they don't want to be part of the Ayrshire Select Squad.

Knapp told me personally last season that he asked to be considered for the Ayrshire squad and was told no! Only reason I can think of, if that is true, is due to his off the field baggage. Crazy decision in my opinion and I guarantee that if he wanted to sign with any of the Ayrshire committees own club teams it wouldn't not be the same answer!

Knapp told me personally last season that he asked to be considered for the Ayrshire squad and was told no! Only reason I can think of, if that is true, is due to his off the field baggage. Crazy decision in my opinion and I guarantee that if he wanted to sign with any of the Ayrshire committees own club teams it wouldn't not be the same answer!

That's funny, when I personally asked the club if anyone wanted to be considered for the team, I got zero reply...

Archived