Scotland Squad

das scooter boy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Gunner said:

the second to last scottish squad had no CP players as they were preparing for their Senior Scottish Cup game.

Bruce has just stuck by the boys who got them in the tournament. 

I think the scottish squad will surprise people. 

As for this best player in amateur football nonsense.. I dont care how good someone is, if theyre an areshole theyre an arsehole. Would I want someone in the dressing room who could upset the group? create any sort of disharmony? Nope. Would the scottish select want someone who could sulley the image of the team/country? No. Too much of a liability. His attitude is probably the reason he's still kicking a ball about the muddy fields of ayrshire. 

For what its worth, i'd take McKay and Chris Craig over Knapp anyday. 

Again this nonsense that he has stuck by the squad that got him to the tournament. Plenty colville players took part prior to the tournament in Slovenia but then couldn't feature due to the Scottish cup final. That was the same final Scott Metheven of Leven Utd participated in that also meant he did not go to Slovenia yet he is still in the squad. Also Nicky Moore and Andy McLay also didn't even play amateur football last year and took no part in the tournament or even any warm up matches to the tournament. There are a few others like Scott Walker the goalkeeper who has also never featured in any Scotland squads. Now this is not me having a go at these individual guys as I'm sure there all in the squad on merit but to say he is sticking by the boys who got them to the tournament is factually incorrect.

There will be rules etc set by UEFA for this event however there must be something further set between SFA and SAFA for player eligibility. The restriction of players who have earnt money within 3 year period is certainly not competition rules as boys from German squad few years back were on books with pro teams albeit playing in development squads, you're not telling me they dont earn pennies though. Ì quite beleive this is something agreed between SAFA and SFA. SFA give the competition to the amateur game which is excellent, but dont think there would be any restriction if say it went to the junior game.

I do personally think there are some class players from through west that are not involved, maybe their own decision, however hopefully the squad hat has bee picked can go over to malta and do a job

5 hours ago, Nizza said:

There will be rules etc set by UEFA for this event however there must be something further set between SFA and SAFA for player eligibility. The restriction of players who have earnt money within 3 year period is certainly not competition rules as boys from German squad few years back were on books with pro teams albeit playing in development squads, you're not telling me they dont earn pennies though. Ì quite beleive this is something agreed between SAFA and SFA. SFA give the competition to the amateur game which is excellent, but dont think there would be any restriction if say it went to the junior game.

I do personally think there are some class players from through west that are not involved, maybe their own decision, however hopefully the squad hat has bee picked can go over to malta and do a job

Quite an interesting topic, as always, on the Scotland squad and selects in general.

I had a quick scan over the eligibility criteria for players taking part in this tournament and there seems to be no mention of finances; only restrictions around historical professional contracts etc...http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/competitions/General/02/34/01/29/2340129_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Seems mental that the SFA/SAFA would hinder our chances by implementing further barriers that need not exist! 

As for Knapp, Gold and a portion of Colville Park players - they should be in that squad in my opinion due to being the best going around the amateur game.

However, still some good players going over so hope they can compete and do well.

7 hours ago, CF10 said:
12 hours ago, Nizza said:

Quite an interesting topic, as always, on the Scotland squad and selects in general.

I had a quick scan over the eligibility criteria for players taking part in this tournament and there seems to be no mention of finances; only restrictions around historical professional contracts etc...http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/competitions/General/02/34/01/29/2340129_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Seems mental that the SFA/SAFA would hinder our chances by implementing further barriers that need not exist! 

As for Knapp, Gold and a portion of Colville Park players - they should be in that squad in my opinion due to being the best going around the amateur game.

However, still some good players going over so hope they can compete and do well.

Had a look at this. Here's the rule for eligibility for the UEFA regions:

38.03 Players must never have been professional, as defined in Chapter II of the FIFA
Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players.
38.04 Players must never have played in any top national division.

And here's FIFA's Chapter 2:

2 Status of players: amateur and professional players
Players participating in organised football are either amateurs or professionals.
A professional is a player who has a written contract with a club and is paid
more for his footballing activity than the expenses he effectively incurs. All
other players are considered to be amateurs.

No room for doubt as far as I can see.

Bruce can pick from a pool of eligible players. Whether they're suitable for his Scotland squad is down to Bruce. Availability is ultimately in the hands of the individual.

1 hour ago, dazzabafc said:

f**k the sfa and the safa when they sort out the fact teams are paying players then maybe we will show them some more respect.

Been a while since this topic was discussed "yawn" let's all start a who pays players the most thread and have a discussion about it ........

Archived