Ranking the 5 Seasons of The Wire

stumigoo

I started watching The Wire again after first viewing it all the way through about 7 years ago. We've just finished Season 1 and my wife (who has never watched it) did actually think it was great (such a relief for me). Moving on to Season 2 I always felt it was the one I connected with the least and enjoyed the least. I know there are a couple of Wire related topics in this thread but what about for the Seasons in general? How do they rank?

For me, it is..

1. Season 4

2. Season 1

3. Season 3

4. Season 5

5. Season 2

I might revise this list once I've watched them all the way through again (people have told me in the past how Season 2 is actually great).

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2017 at 07:13, ShinobiDandy said:

I would need to go back and watch this for my ordering to be correct but 2 was my favourite first time around

Season 2 was my favourite as well, although it appears we're in a minority. And from a man with Arn Anderson as his avatar. We should go for a pint. Ya bezzer can come too. 

Currently re-watching with my burd who's never seen it. We've currently "stalled" at season 4, but I'm hoping to tempt her back in with a promise that Littlefinger (i.e. Carcretti) ups his game. 

29 minutes ago, jmothecat said:

I got the box set for Christmas and I'm looking forward to rewarding them. Season 2 was my favourite. I liked the different feel and the docks storyline was a nice change of tact.

Wooooo. Join the party. There's another thread floating about where 2 was regarded as the 2nd most unpopular. 

14 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Season 2 was my favourite as well, although it appears we're in a minority. And from a man with Arn Anderson as his avatar. We should go for a pint. Ya bezzer can come too. 

Currently re-watching with my burd who's never seen it. We've currently "stalled" at season 4, but I'm hoping to tempt her back in with a promise that Littlefinger (i.e. Carcretti) ups his game. 

In a series filled with "oh my fucking God!" moments for me the best was when The Greek gets the phone call from his FBI informant with Frank Sobotka literally walking towards him for their meeting.

Also the two best quotes of the series

Frank Sobotka "We used used to make things in this country, now we just put our hand in the next guys pocket"

Sergei Malatov "Did he have hands?  Did he have a face? Yes? Then it wasn't us"

On 1/7/2017 at 23:45, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Even watching Season 2 i could tell this wasnt the 'most loved' by everyone else but theres just something about it that appealed to me! Well it does look like i am moving to Glasgow before year end so I might take ya up on the offer! Also yi canna beat AA!

Archived