Unpopular opinions - movies edition

DA Baracus

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Inception is utter pish and it's not because I didn't understand it.

I never warmed to it either. I really couldn't undertsand why I was meant to be siding with the "goodies" when they seemed to be acting like total c@nts towards the "baddies". I like some Nolan stuff (eg DKR) but found Inception and Memento to be too concerned with being smart that they neglect having characters you can warm to.

1 hour ago, 11thHour said:

I've already took pelters for my unpopular opinions but I'll put some of them back out there.

There Will Be Blood is crap. Nothing happened!
90% of the films that I've seen that were made before 1980 are garbage/boring.
I thoroughly enjoy Tom Cruise and his movies.
I think Bruce Willis can be a great actor at times.
Same goes for Will Smith.
I think White Chicks is hilarious.
Coen Brothers films are weird for the sake of being weird and I'm not a fan.
The Devil Wears Prada is an immensely enjoyable movie and I'll watch it whenever its on.

Hold on. You don't like There will be Blood or Coen Brther's films but you do like White Chicks and Devil Wears Prada?

lol-baby-falling-o.gif?w=620

Ok. Carry on.

Sean Connery was shite as James Bond, infact the man is a complete c**t -  "It's not the worst thing to slap a woman now and then." Well Sean, I'd say it is you talentless tax dodging Yes voting c**t.

2 minutes ago, drs said:

Sean Connery was shite as James Bond, infact the man is a complete c**t -  "It's not the worst thing to slap a woman now and then." Well Sean, I'd say it is you talentless tax dodging Yes voting c**t.

I thought Connery was a good Bond but most of the films were shite - much like Daniel Craig. 

39 minutes ago, drs said:

Sean Connery was shite as James Bond, infact the man is a complete c**t -  "It's not the worst thing to slap a woman now and then." Well Sean, I'd say it is 

Popular opinions - movie edition thread for this pish.

3 hours ago, 11thHour said:

I've already took pelters for my unpopular opinions but I'll put some of them back out there.

There Will Be Blood is crap. Nothing happened!
90% of the films that I've seen that were made before 1980 are garbage/boring.
I thoroughly enjoy Tom Cruise and his movies.
I think Bruce Willis can be a great actor at times.
Same goes for Will Smith.
I think White Chicks is hilarious.
Coen Brothers films are weird for the sake of being weird and I'm not a fan.
The Devil Wears Prada is an immensely enjoyable movie and I'll watch it whenever its on.

Perhaps the absolute personification of the idiom "^^^ idiot found"

White Chicks ffs

I love a lot of the Coen Brother films' but they are up their own arses. Hail, Caesar! was absolutely dog shite.

The new Jurassic Park was shite. The new Godzilla was good, until Bryan Cranston... well, I won't leave explicit spoilers - then it was utter shite.

Heath Ledger was overrated in his portrayal as the Joker. It was good, but hardly the best thing since sliced bread that it was made out to be.

Kung-fu films are shite when they're jumping about 90ft into the air.

Hollywood/America struggle to make good horror films and the best are 9/10 times made in Asia.

Disney have lost their touch since the days of old fashioned style cartoon aka 2D.

Finally, Ben Affleck and Matt Damon are top notch actors.

True Romance is the greatest film of all time. By a distance.

Will Ferrell is just awful. His films are fucking atrocious. 

The Lion King is a fucking masterpiece and Disney will never top that. 

Not entirely relevant to this thread but people who say they hate Pulp Fiction are lying. 

On 19/09/2016 at 13:53, killienick said:

Back to the Future 3 is the best film of the BTTF trilogy.

The Undiscovered Country is the best Star Trek film.

Alien 3, whilst not being the best Alien film is still quite a good film.

Heat isn't a very good film and Al Pacino, a couple of films aside, isn't a very good actor.

I agree with the Star Trek and Pacino points here. I can't say I've seen Alien 3 and I'm neither here nor there on BTTF.

I've already mentioned my dislike of comic book films but the worst of recent times was the Batman one with the Joker - about 40 minutes too long (Two Face should have been another film) and I could barely make out half the dialogue. The fact people go on about it as of it's a serious film is what I don't get.

Archived