Partick Thistle V Motherwell

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Devine is prone to brain farts like that. he can have a smashing game then lose his man at a corner, free kick and suddenly a decent performance is rendered null and void for a killer mistake like that.

44 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

That pass from Hammell gets worse every time I see it. He doesn't even look before he plays it & I'm still not sure whether it was intended for Heneghan or Samson.

Absolute brain melt from him.

Hammell has been outstanding for us over the years but there's no doubt that he's playing poorly this season....

Poor defending costs us again. This is going to be the story of our season if Archie doesn't get another centre half in. Have seen nothing from Devine so far to suggest he is a competent enough first choice centre half and since Lindsay needs someone to guide him through games a lot of the time, it's just not working. A couple of fuds in front of me were blaming Gordon for the goal (giving him abuse all game though, he must have pumped their wives), but it was Devine's umpteenth missed header that let McDonald in. Whenever Motherwell broke forward, we just looked like we were shitting ourselves and had absolutely no organisation across the back four. Scully had a decent game, but I'm still not convinced he inspires confidence in those in front of him.

We were pretty dominant for most of the game and Azeez puts one of those chances away, then we walk away with the three points. Was quite impressed with Barton, although a couple of times he was caught in possession, but would be happy for him and Osman to be our centre-midfield pairing until Bannigan is fit again. Thought that Edwards had a great game and for the first time this season was actually making things happen, rather than getting the ball, running then losing it in the final third. Agree with what some others have said that Erskine coming off changed the game as his tracking back has improved immensely since he's come back. Other than that, I thought Christie Elliott was man of the match. Won several important challenges and was always looking to drive forward and create chances. 

Archived