Moult = flash in the pan

The jags should be more mobile 

Than motherwell  

No worries here we are also due a clean sheet

Goals in 4 games this

season. 18 goals last season. Thats

a

big flash

Was fairly confident but the Jags fans pessimism leaves me feeling uneasy about this one.

Looks like its going to be wet and wild in Glasgow tomorrow so I can see this turning into a scrappy affair like last time. 

Hoping McGhee doesn't overcomplicate things and just sticks with the same team as last week and has a go. We don't look too clever at the back but neither do Thistle so we might as well go for it.

A no doubt fairly decent, expectant Motherwell support as we travel to a struggling side at the foot of the table lacking in confidence and decimated by injuries. What could possibly go wrong?

2 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Here, at least we won't get Marvin up front this time.

Aye that was a cracker by McGhee right enough. Take Moult off for Gomis if memory serves, so we can start shelling high balls towards a guy that ducks when he jumps for a header. While Wes Fletcher, a man more naturally suited for such a role, sat warming the bench.  

Then had the brass neck to blame Ainsworth for the defeat after throwing him on with about 3 mins left. 

26 minutes ago, Swello said:

I never normally take the car to Glasgow but I'll need to tomorrow - any suggestions for decent parking??

Normally plenty on Garscube road near that long abandoned pub, across from Arnold Clark, if that makes sense?

14 minutes ago, Casagolda said:

Aye that was a cracker by McGhee right enough. Take Moult off for Gomis if memory serves, so we can start shelling high balls towards a guy that ducks when he jumps for a header. While Wes Fletcher, a man more naturally suited for such a role, sat warming the bench.  

Then had the brass neck to blame Ainsworth for the defeat after throwing him on with about 3 mins left. 

I still would blame Pearson before Ainsworth. Lashing the ball forty yards over your shoulder, under no pressure, to no-one with about three minutes left? Sound.

That all sounds right enough though, what a fanny he can be.

Not looking forward to this at all. Our defence (and Scully if he's back to his usual self) against an in-form Louis Moult is terrifying me. I would say our best hope is to try and outscore them, but even then I'm not too confident with Doolan off the boil, and Azeez snatching at chances. Hopefully we start with Barton instead of Welsh since he can't be any worse. Usually when I'm this pessimistic we end up winning, which is what I'm clinging on to.

3-1 Motherwell.

13 minutes ago, LinkinFighter said:

Thistle fans, recommend some pubs near the ground or is it best drinking elsewhere?

Woodside on Maryhill Road or Star and Garter on Garscube Road if you want decent enough pubs where fans going to the game usually go. You've also got the pubs on Great Western Road like Munros, Inn Deep, Coopers and the like if you want somewhere that is a bit nicer.

Just avoid the Royalty Bar and you'll be fine.

ETA: Forgot to include the standard plug for the Aitken Suite in the main stand, some people like it for the convenience.

17 minutes ago, LinkinFighter said:

Thistle fans, recommend some pubs near the ground or is it best drinking elsewhere?

Woodside Inn is probably best of three nearest ground. At Queens X across from Taggarts Car Show Room.

Munns is closest and pretty cheap just on Maryhill Road.

Star and Garter on Garscube Road.

Otherwise you've got Munroes and various other bars at St Georges Road subway or Coopers and Inn Deep near Kelvin bridge10-15 minutes away.

There is the Aitken suite at the ground which now has satellite and does food. 

ETA: Beaten to it :P

I never normally take the car to Glasgow but I'll need to tomorrow - any suggestions for decent parking??

Drive up past the stadium (ie on your right side) , over the canal bridge.., swing a left u'll probably need to drive up round corner and bit more.. but park there on street. Perfectly safe and about 10 min walk to stadium

The Accies defence last week was horrendous for the first 20 mins allowing Moult to score his hat trick. Don't fall for the hype Thistle, Motherwell are bang average. Thistle win.

[emoji1]
Bang averaging our way to being Lanarkshires number one again.

Archived