Rovers v Sons

16 hours ago, Beachbum said:

There was talk about housing the smaller away supports in a section of the South Stand but that it was too late for this season because some season ticket holders would need to be moved. Perhaps it's a possibility for next season.

To be fair I'm not sure why the away fans should be restricted to that corner of the Main Stand when they join up with the home fans there when getting food or using the toilet facilities anyway & use the same turnstiles, just let them sit in any unreserved seat in that stand.

It would be the same in the South Stand as there's only one set of toilets & the club shop is at 1 end of the concourse & the 200 Club is at the other.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, liam_barnett said:

To be fair I'm not sure why the away fans should be restricted to that corner of the Main Stand when they join up with the home fans there when getting food or using the toilet facilities anyway & use the same turnstiles, just let them sit in any unreserved seat in that stand.

It would be the same in the South Stand as there's only one set of toilets & the club shop is at 1 end of the concourse & the 200 Club is at the other.

Imo there's a difference between fans sharing the same bogs or pie stall than say several fans celebrating a goal in amongst the home support. I'd hazard a guess most away fans would rather be bunched together than scattered about.

19 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Imo there's a difference between fans sharing the same bogs or pie stall than say several fans celebrating a goal in amongst the home support. I'd hazard a guess most away fans would rather be bunched together than scattered about.

Hmm I suppose.

I'm fairly sure I remember having to go into the away end of Firhill for a pie at halftime but everything else was segregation as usual. No more hassle than any other game out west in the late 80s/early 90s?

Definitely wouldn't have fancied spending the whole game that side of the fence though.

Reading this thread I have absolutely no doubt at all we are going to lose this game.

We've actually been poor at home under Locke. A lucky win over Montrose, and two wins over the bottom two in the league. Defeats to Alloa and Falkirk where we barely registered a shot on target in either. Looking for something different, and if we need a plan B it isn't just, to quote the man himself, 'getting all the forward thinking players on the park'.

I would actually consider starting Vaughan and Stewart who have linked up well before, the strikers aren't scoring enough. Give McManus a bit of fire in his belly.

Smith just isn't that bad and given that Dundee United have already been beaten with him in the starting line up I wouldn't say it's that shameful should Rovers lose. You won't lose though, because we are utter muck away from home, so no sweat.

Aye, David Smith really isn't as bad as fans of other clubs make out.

27 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Now that Livi are away we have a vacancy for a new bogey team.

Nah I think Falkirk deserve that accolade at the moment. We've had a decent record against Livi in the past wee while, won 6 of our last 10 games against them. Their bogeyness has all but gone.

1 hour ago, rw89 said:

Can't say I've heard of him, but looking at his track record he looks like he doesn't mind dishing out a few bookings. 

They all don't mind dishing out the cards.

We had a ref the other week that had dished out an average of five bookings a game last year. IIRC He dished out five that game as well.

2 hours ago, lionel wickson said:

Steven Kirkland is the ref for this one. Can't say I recognise the name (which is probably a good thing).

If I'm remembering correctly he loves controlling the game with cards. Remember watching him a few times in the Juniors and it was never dull.

Still, that could help us...although to end our away record we could do with Mr Kirkland affording us some very, very generous decisions.

The 3-3 game last season was one of the most mental I've ever attended.

Three up, with a fair amount of Rovers fans shouting 'Ole!' every time we passed the ball, and ten minutes later, those self-same folk were going absolutely radge.

It was hilarious and annoying at the same time.

Anyway, if Thomson is out for a while then we're snookered to be honest. Our record without him is absolutely honking, and we don't seem to have any defensive cover, thanks to the injuries to Barr and Robertson and Bates heading to Ibrox on loan, probably not the wisest decision that one.

We had zilch going forward down the right on Saturday. Matthews isn't particularly comfortable at right-back and Roberts was pretty ineffective, which is pretty much the norm most times I've seen him unfortunately.

Bobby Barr has played on that wing a couple of times though, so swapping him to the right, and maybe starting Coustrain on the left would seem a reasonable option if required. We'll see though.

I'd also like to see Davidson benched. There's a lot more to our poor run than just his presence, but I really think he slows everything down. He's probably a decent option to bring on if we're leading, but our pace has been noticeably slower since he slotted back in.

We can't win without Thomson and Dumbarton can't win away. 4-4 draw.

Archived