Rovers v Sons

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

We can't be far off a full calendar year without an away win.

It would be lovely for that to change next weekend but I really can't see it.

We have four games (Raith, Dundee United, Queen of the South and St Mirren) before we officially won't have won an away game for a full year.

I'm not at all confident we'll pick up all 3 points in any of those games to be honest. In fact if we do win this weekend then Raith Rovers should be forced to sign Mark Brown.

I too would start Cuthbert, assuming he's fit. Thomson is the key man, he makes such a difference to our back line. Davidson? I don't think he'd have played at all this season if we didn't have so many injuries. If Thomson is back he won't play.

Big game. Got to stop the rot.

21 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

We can't be far off a full calendar year without an away win.

It would be lovely for that to change next weekend but I really can't see it.

This makes me a lot more worried about the game than it does for you. 

We need a win here to address the rot. Thomson needs to return or else we're in trouble again - we have a big squad but have absolutely no cover in either of the full back positions. 

Vaughan will start back in too, I imagine. Hopefully Cuthbert can finally return again also. 

This makes me a lot more worried about the game than it does for you. 

We need a win here to address the rot. Thomson needs to return or else we're in trouble again - we have a big squad but have absolutely no cover in either of the full back positions. 

Vaughan will start back in too, I imagine. Hopefully Cuthbert can finally return again also. 

Don't let it. We are literally appalling away from home and very rarely look like taking anything. We can't even muster the numbers to run a supporters' bus to this one because of the lack of interest in away matches.

Any idea what stand we'll be in? I didn't really think much of the main stand last time. The wee railway stand would be ideal.

5196d56a13dedd63ab19aac6b885b613.jpg

4 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Don't let it. We are literally appalling away from home and very rarely look like taking anything. We can't even muster the numbers to run a supporters' bus to this one because of the lack of interest in away matches.

Any idea what stand we'll be in? I didn't really think much of the main stand last time. The wee railway stand would be ideal.

The bus has been saved, thanks to a sponsorship from Baxter Ramsay.  Great gesture.

The bus has been saved, thanks to a sponsorship from Baxter Ramsay.  Great gesture.

That's cracking from them. Did they not sponsor a bus last season, or was that Cheaper Insurance Direct? Either way good stuff, albeit it is sad that we can't seem to even half fill a bus.

17 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

That's cracking from them. Did they not sponsor a bus last season, or was that Cheaper Insurance Direct? Either way good stuff, albeit it is sad that we can't seem to even half fill a bus.

Agreed that it's pants that we can't fill a bus this early in the season, but I suppose until the team looks like being able to actually try and win an away game, that won't change.  People aren't going to rush to go on a bus to an away game where we play for a draw and, more often than not, end up with a defeat.

Probably find out in the match preview towards the end of the week. I reckon you'll be in the main stand in all honesty.

3 hours ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Sadly, the lack of interest is not surprising and I guess I'm typical.  Kirkcaldy is what I would term a 'medium' trip in terms of distance so that's not a deal-breaker but the prospect of watching another game of 36/64% possession and playing a lone striker in the hope of nicking something from an off-colour home team simple doesn't appeal.  You get tired of it, QED.

I'll be (very pleasantly) surprised if we win this.

On the main stand thing, a lot of us Rovers fans are completely in agreement with the away fans that get accommodated there that it is pretty crap & we could do better but the argument from the club is that police, stewards & catering are already going to be in place for that stand for the home support there plus the Rovers end behind the goals anyway so it's saving money on opening up another stand.

I always feel sorry for away fans in that corner, except Rangers when they took the whole of the main stand on top of the regular away areas, (somehow that didn't bring the same amount of sympathy from me). Having been squashed into Morton's away seating after my first visit in many years I know the feeling, even if the view was a bit better there.

On the other hand I'm looking forward to Saturday's family day for the novelty value, my first time at the North end that I can remember since segregation became a thing. It'll be nice to be (almost) at my favourite corner again.

Archived