Rovers v Sons

58 minutes ago, donny86 said:

I thought Skacel had a good game,
apart from the miss which was a decent save from the keeper, I thought he used the ball very well. Just because he isn't scoring goals doesn't mean he isn't playing well

This.  His cross for Callachans header was superb.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, donny86 said:

I thought Skacel had a good game,
apart from the miss which was a decent save from the keeper, I thought he used the ball very well. Just because he isn't scoring goals doesn't mean he isn't playing well

Thought Skacel showed some quality touches and passing. Yes he clearly doesn't have the pace anymore but he looked far more effectual playing central than out wide left where he doesn't influence the game enough. 

Good win which should have been far more comfortable but at least we end the mini-slump ahead of Cappielow next week which will be tough. 

Does anyone think Aitken dropped Stevo in the hope it would coax a reaction out of him? If so, why did we not put him on at half time or even start him? He got unfairly (and unexpectedly) dropped against St Mirren IMO and he's without doubt the best guy we have for linking midfield and attack.

I don't want to go down the route of slating the manager but there are a few things that concern me, our away form being the obvious one but another aspect for me is team selection. We seen it last year and it's happening again this year - we pick an 11, if they win we stick with that 11 the next week, if they then lose we make some changes, repeat this cycle for the whole season. Whilst that perhaps is handy for dropping folk who fall out of confidence, it doesn't scream to me that we know our best 11 nor does it show a great depth of tactical preparation for our opponents. Declan McManus has always been a thorn in our side and we did very little (other than Gregor trying to put him over the stand) to nulify him, we just sent out the same defence with no further instruction (or if there was instruction then the team weren't following). I've no doubt we can survive this year, the teams in the bottom half are all much of a muchness, but we need to get the finger out and decide who our best 11 are. We do have a glaring issue at right back though, one that Stevie has brought upon himself. Time for the Stevie's to earn their crust.

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 13:26, Rovers1992/1993 said:
On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 13:26, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I'd just like to congratulate Dumbarton on their 3 points today.

I'd happily drive Davo out of this club myself to another club that would take him.

Roberts has done f**k all since he's came here.

Skacel's done f**k all since he's came as well.

The first 2 names on the team sheet for me would be Matthews and Jordan Thomson and both start on the bench..? :lol:

What a hilarious post.:lol:  Bet Gary Locke nearly wet himself laughing when he read this one!!

Comedy gold!!

Archived