25th September, Rangers visit Aberdeen

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Myview said:

Fergie, Mourinho? Hey an under pressure manager's team has just lost an important match in the last minute. Dignity imo doesn't come into it! I'm sure you and most would have reacted the same way. 

Warbs has done nothing but bang on about being respectful and respect since he has took the job.

He has also banged on about people being disrespectful numerous times.

The trouble is when you go on like Warbs has.....when you loose the plot and are disrespecting a match official....

well you (Warbs) look like a right clueless c*nt.8)

6 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

That's the rumoured fee, whether they actually pay it or not is a different story. I'm surprised Preston didn't demand all the cash up front tbh.

Looking at his career he only seemed to have any sort of prolific seasons at League 1 level. In a sense he's still trading off that one goal he scored for Preston a couple of years ago that Sky are currently using in their ads.

Heard it was 750k now and 750k next season! 

10 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

If it was any other manager, say Robbie the Arsewit Neilson, he'd be getting cited.

Deflecting failure by coming on the pitch, surrounding and screaming at officials isn't on.

Compare and contrast Del politely pointing out the series of infringements leading up to Motherwells winner on the last day of the season a few years back. Right to be disappointed, there's a way to go about it.

Warbles wasn't right and was bang out of order.

Yes on reflection you're right should have had his say in the refs room afterwards He may still get cited.  Heat of the moment is not an excuse. 

1 hour ago, bennett said:

I'm sure the sky sports commentators mentioned something about both sets of fans throwing stuff at each other, obviously not acceptable and I apologise if it seemed like I was being snide.

From what I saw (pretty much overlooking the whole thing), 'missiles' first took air after the Hayes goal, with the Rangers fans launching white things (presumably cups, as mentioned by poster here who got hit by Coke) over the fence and the favour was always swiftly returned. Being given a good goading, the Rangers fans charged the line of stewards and all hell seemed to kick off with the police having to wade in big time, although what you're going to do when there's a cage between both sets perplexes me. Repeat again for the equaliser, missiles predominantly coming from the away end.  Seat throwing and stamping didn't come until the full time whistle, as another inevitable GIRFUY from the home end ensued.  Police shut off all access to the away stand exits, sending home fans over the hill or up Pittodrie St.  Unless anything happened in town, that's pretty much it, not that I'm waving it away as anything acceptable of course. 

Eta: Forgot the scuffle after the 12th minute thing. My impression was that the Rangers fans did the Rule Brittania 11th min thing and the Dons support thought "fcuk it, let's go for it if they are" and clapped away.  Seems they have a 30 sec tolerance on the "you're not Rangers anymore" bit.

At least the boy in the middle was having a good time anyway:

1.jpg

From what I saw (pretty much overlooking the whole thing), 'missiles' first took air after the Hayes goal, with the Rangers fans launching white things (presumably cups, as mentioned by poster here who got hit by Coke) over the fence and the favour was always swiftly returned. Being given a good goading, the Rangers fans charged the line of stewards and all hell seemed to kick off with the police having to wade in big time, although what you're going to do when there's a cage between both sets perplexes me. Repeat again for the equaliser, missiles predominantly coming from the away end.  Seat throwing and stamping didn't come until the full time whistle, as another inevitable GIRFUY from the home end ensued.  Police shut off all access to the away stand exits, sending home fans over the hill or up Pittodrie St.  Unless anything happened in town, that's all there was to it really, not that I'm waving it away as anything acceptable of course. 

Eta: Forgot the scuffle after the 12th minute thing. My impression was that the Rangers fans did the Rule Brittania 11th min thing and the Dons support thought "fcuk it, let's go for it if they are" and clapped away.

Most of the missiles were thrown around the 12th minute during the applause when the zombies set off the banger. A lot of squaring up through the fence about half way up the stand with coins, pies, seats and cups (as I found out) flying over. First aiders had a job on their hands, saw at least one person who had blood pouring out after being struck by a coin.

Don't know about our goals, too much pandemonium to notice anything. Turned my back on them for the pen as I didn't fancy looking at that lot celebrating.

You could probably have challenged Craig Whyte's £1 bid for Rangers with all the coppers that landed in section S.

If it was any other manager, say Robbie the Arsewit Neilson, he'd be getting cited.

Deflecting failure by coming on the pitch, surrounding and screaming at officials isn't on.

Compare and contrast Del politely pointing out the series of infringements leading up to Motherwells winner on the last day of the season a few years back. Right to be disappointed, there's a way to go about it.

Warbles wasn't right and was bang out of order.

Or say Neil Lennon who received a 6 match ban. I wonder if both clubs will be treated equally like everyone thinks we do :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Or say Neil Lennon who received a 6 match ban. I wonder if both clubs will be treated equally like everyone thinks we do :rolleyes:

^^^ Seldom posts on other teams' match threads.

8 minutes ago, Davie Bhoy said:

To be fair, Warburton at least looks like he's cleaned his teeth this side of New Year, the ref has probably gone easy on him for that alone.

You'd have though it was a penalty we were awarded in the last minute given all this bleating. There were numerous wrongly awarded free kicks throughout the game, it just so happened that we had a player who could ping one in to the top corner from 25 yards when we got the rub of the green. Warburton can moan all he likes about how they deserved to win the game but they didn't force Lewis to make a single save in open play (apart from the deflection off Logan).

Archived