Playing music after a home goal

Am I just a boring old fart or is this just plainly wrong?

From my point of view, I'm fortunate in that the PA system remains happily reticent immediately after a goal is scored at Station Park, only kicking in to life to name the player that put the ball passed the visiting keeper.

What do the fans of the home teams think when their PA system blares out some inane celebration?

I preferred it when we just played the A-Team theme when the teams came out, but we're too busy blaring out Coldplay until the teams have kicked off these days. f**k knows why.

On the other hand, I've been socially conditioned to pop a stauner when the wife mentions being sent to prison for a crime I didn't commit. Swings and roundabouts, really.

2 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I preferred it when we just played the A-Team theme when the teams came out, but we're too busy blaring out Coldplay until the teams have kicked off these days. f**k knows why.

On the other hand, I've been socially conditioned to pop a stauner when the wife mentions being sent to prison for a crime I didn't commit. Swings and roundabouts, really.

Coldplay.......FFS!  Must have deliberately erased that horror from my mind during the play-offs 16 months back.

We played Song 2 from Blur and the football Italia theme. I liked them as I was younger and we had a decent team for the majority of the time. Brings some decent memories when I hear those songs.

Now, I can't really remember what we play seems to change most seasons.

21 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

We played Song 2 from Blur and the football Italia theme. I liked them as I was younger and we had a decent team for the majority of the time. Brings some decent memories when I hear those songs.

Now, I can't really remember what we play seems to change most seasons.

I've been trying to find the full version of that for years (the one in this video, not the tv show).

http://www.clydefc.co.uk/media/video/506/ the last goal at 4.00

Doesn't have the same appeal that blasting out when you're 7-1 up in front of 500 people.

Am I just a boring old fart or is this just plainly wrong?

From my point of view, I'm fortunate in that the PA system remains happily reticent immediately after a goal is scored at Station Park, only kicking in to life to name the player that put the ball passed the visiting keeper.

What do the fans of the home teams think when their PA system blares out some inane celebration?

More need to get decent music to come out to , dated

Archived