Dunfermline vs St Mirren (trapdoor clash)

Not confident at all. We're really good at gifting teams on a downer 3 points, as proved yesterday. Also, we are rather pish.

Hopefully AJ starts Murdoch in goals and starts El Alagui as well. Reilly is not good enough and deserves to be dropped.

Pressure is on AJ and if we get beat then the questions will be asked about his competency.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Do St Mirren not also have problems at centre mid?

Struggling to see what excuse we'll have when we lose.

Yep. We continually persist with Hutton and Mallan in centre mid when it isn't working. Granted, they are our only fit centre mids. Whyte came on yesterday, but he's an U20s player. We need an extra body in there, but Rae persists with a static 4-4-2 every game.

Yep. We continually persist with Hutton and Mallan in centre mid when it isn't working. Granted, they are our only fit centre mids. Whyte came on yesterday, but he's an U20s player. We need an extra body in there, but Rae persists with a static 4-4-2 every game.

Sounds like us, do you play in black and white stripes aswell?

Black and White Tragic indeed for both sides just now.

Hopefully Murdoch is fit. We have a bit of a dilemma for defenders just now; Williamson is defensively poor despite his promising runs in attack, but it sounds like Fordyce just didn't cut it at fullback either. Martin will suffice at left back but he tends to slow things up by refusing to use his left foot. I'm usually much more confident with Fordyce over BRE at centre-half but the former has made some crucial mistakes leading to big goals for Hibs and Dundee United. Seems like Ashcroft is our only 'safe' choice at the back.

Herron in for McCabe, the latter has had a chance but has been largely ineffective so far. For that reason alone, Herron should get his chance. McMullan has shown some potential but it's harsh to drop Cardle who has a habit of coming up with something special every now and then - something for which we are desperate. Paton hasn't done anything to deserve him getting dropped IMO so I'd keep him in at wide right, with Higginbotham sitting in behind a lone striker of Nicky Clark.

Bigger crowd from St Mirren and players playing for places. Will be more difficult now.

So if a team with a lower budget than us does that is it such a daft thing to say that AJ is under massive pressure?

If we lose next week I think the board will start to have doubts.

They should really be having doubts just now, no one will feel any more confident playing St Mirren without Rae because they've been a shambles and only accumulated 3 points.

Likewise why should we have any confidence when we've been a shambles?

If pars have better budget I'd be surprised.  The pars have to watch as not so long ago you were nearly out the game. Saints are struggling bit our history in recent years has saw us win a national cup and play in the premier for 9 years.  I'm sure we will get there again. It is a difficult time but with the manager leaving we could still salvage a dissapointing season 

20 hours ago, FTOF said:

There is no way on earth that Dunfermline can be worse than us.

Easy home win, with at least two goals gifted by our shit defence.

We thought that too... your defence is bad, but Dunfermline's really is something else.

13 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Derek Ferguson was more effective than McCabe ffs.

I was having a kickabout yesterday and thought to myself "I'm better than McCabe". He does get very angry and looks like he's important though. 

Maybe seeing as we pumped everyone last year but had this weird blip where we got horsed by St Mirren it will be the opposite this year. We'll take apart St Mirren then return to being a mess afterwards. 

Archived