Dunfermline vs St Mirren (trapdoor clash)

Too early?

The TV knows how to pick its live games. Next Saturday the misfiring Pars host St Mirren, who still seek a league win. In front of the cameras, something has to give.

If the Pars could start with the best players we have we may be in with a chance. If he leaves out Higginbotham, Cardle and Williamson I fear we may be sitting rock bottom come 7pm.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoping my better judgement prevails and I don't end up going to this but I might end up sitting in the stands watching us get scudded again.

I'll go with a vague fantasy of a resurgent comeback from our poor form and a dominant home win though, it's not as miserable if you don't have hope before it.

3-0 Pars! :thumsup2

:unsure:

Think you might be right. That's also the only live ALBA game I think we've ever won, although of course the tie was lost. We beat Dundee Utd at Tannadice but that was one of those 3pm kick offs that ALBA showed in full from around 5.15. Given our TV record, the way we gift goals to the opposition and how disorganised we look, it's not a game I'm looking forward to. If Morton can beat us, anyone can. 3-1 Pars.

Think you might be right. That's also the only live ALBA game I think we've ever won, although of course the tie was lost. We beat Dundee Utd at Tannadice but that was one of those 3pm kick offs that ALBA showed in full from around 5.15. Given our TV record, the way we gift goals to the opposition and how disorganised we look, it's not a game I'm looking forward to. If Morton can beat us, anyone can. 3-1 Pars.

We beat Stranraer away last season live on Alba.

ETA - I suspect though that Alloa game will be the only win on Alba at home as you say.

Certainly need some kind of result next week as our form is deeply concerning. Yet again yesterday I thought we looked decent in possession but it was all in front of the Morton defence; we caused them few problems. There's just no spark at the moment and the goals we're conceding are invariably poor / avoidable.

Next week then the Ayr game are already massive.

To get a result, we just need to sort out the keeper, defence, midfield, attack, tactics and substitutions..

if Murdoch returns, I'd like to see AJ just settle on a back four instead of changing it every week. Making a change to our back four is as good as giving the opposition a goal of a start - unfamiliarity leads to mistakes.

Our midfield setup was fine when we had Faissal and although AJ has tried to sign players who should fill his boots they're not doing it. 

I'd say our problems stem from us under-rating Faissal and over-rating most of the rest. Losing him meant we needed to rely more on midfielders to create stuff. Now we have a skip load of forwards with little service and a return to the JJ/Potter failing of teams being able to walk straight through the middle of us as we lack quality and numbers in midfield.

No shame in AJ going back to basics. Stick Geggan and another midfield in front of the back four and ban Geggan from straying from that position. 

Not panic stations yet but AJ and Sandy need to show some awareness. 

There is no way on earth that Dunfermline can be worse than us.

We can try. We are quite good at making life easier for our opponents.

Struggling to create chances? We'll give your strikers the ball in the 6 yard box. Poor finishing? Don't worry Hutton will dive out the way. Giving away penalties? We'll miss them for you.

Archived