Bioshock Remastered Editions

EdgarusQPFC

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/09/10/how-to-return-to-redeem-bioshock-remastered-free/

If you happen to own the Steam Editions of Bioshock and Bioshock 2, you are entitled to free upgrades to the Remastered Editions, If you have them in your Library the remastered versions will appear automatically. 

Fair play to 2K for this free upgrade, could have just as easily slapped a £15 price tag on them and said "f**k you pay for them" 

2 hours ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/09/10/how-to-return-to-redeem-bioshock-remastered-free/

If you happen to own the Steam Editions of Bioshock and Bioshock 2, you are entitled to free upgrades to the Remastered Editions, If you have them in your Library the remastered versions will appear automatically. 

Fair play to 2K for this free upgrade, could have just as easily slapped a £15 price tag on them and said "f**k you pay for them" 

Yea, noticed that and downloading right now.  Nice to see, especially in an era of DLC, pre-order bundles etc.

I'm enjoying replaying Bioshock for the first time in nearly 8 years, in terms of atmosphere and the world they've created it's an utter delight. Played through from the start up to Fort Frolic tonight, on PC I should mention. Have to say I'm not impressed with the bugs though, I've had a lot ofunusual graphical flickers which are a bit irritating but not game breaking. I have however had several crashes when trying to call up the menu screens, maybe 3 in 5 hours of play. Everytime it crashes you have to re-do all the graphical and gameplay options and I've lost 15+ minutes of progression more than once.

Still, its' a delight to play and the story building through the audio log diaries works wonderfully with the tense thrill of being an outsider in this underwater city. Still a great game today even if the shooting mechanics and general combat feel as weak as they did when I first played through.

Despite loving Bioshock, I never really tried the sequel, Infinite I played months after release on sub par settings with a shoddy laptop so I'm really looking forward to giving that a go on this new gaming rig and give it the justice it deserves.

Bioshocks biggest strength is its setting. Rapture is my favorite video game city ever, the art deco designs mixed with the crazy technology of a underwater world. To this day one of my favorite video game moments is the Rapture reveal during the Bathysphere trip down, with Andrew Ryan's riveting voice talking about the sweat of a man's brow. 

"Would you kindly" has to be one of the best plot twists in video game history 

12 minutes ago, Ramagamma said:

Still, its' a delight to play and the story building through the audio log diaries works wonderfully with the tense thrill of being an outsider in this underwater city. Still a great game today even if the shooting mechanics and general combat feel as weak as they did when I first played through.

Despite loving Bioshock, I never really tried the sequel

You'll enjoy the combat more on the sequel, although the narrative is gash by comparison.

I'm now wishing that I hadn't played through them all again before the Burial at Sea DLC came out. Feels like it's too soon to go again, but I guess I'll just have to force myself. Oh, the humanity  :rolleyes:

Picked this up on Friday and I'm loving it. One of my favourite series ever.

Columbia is an ever better setting than Rapture IMO (in my opinion).

I understand people don't generally approve of remasters, however I never played Bioshock, Uncharted, Dishonoured or The Last of Us first time round and i have incentive to buy all these games.

8 hours ago, mrcat1990 said:

I understand people don't generally approve of remasters, however I never played Bioshock, Uncharted, Dishonoured or The Last of Us first time round and i have incentive to buy all these games.

I'm generally a big critic of remasters but seeing as I got these for free I really can't justify saying anything wrong 

Bioshock was one of my favourite games but I've already completed it numerous times. The story, atmosphere and level design are all fantastic.

The Minerva Den dlc for Bioshock 2 is better than the main game.

Bioshock Infinite was ok but Rapture was a much better setting. Enjoyed playing through the burial at sea dlc for it as it is mostly based in Rapture.

I might pick this up second hand when it is cheaper but the amount of remakes or remasters is a bit ridiculous. Especially for games that have been out for so long on both previous gen consoles.

1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:

Bioshock was one of my favourite games but I've already completed it numerous times. The story, atmosphere and level design are all fantastic.

The Minerva Den dlc for Bioshock 2 is better than the main game.

Bioshock Infinite was ok but Rapture was a much better setting. Enjoyed playing through the burial at sea dlc for it as it is mostly based in Rapture.

I might pick this up second hand when it is cheaper but the amount of remakes or remasters is a bit ridiculous. Especially for games that have been out for so long on both previous gen consoles.

Thats cause doing remakes and remasters is cheaper and a safer risk than actually trying to make a new game. 

I'm currently downloading the first; quite a size increase over the original.

Anyone found a decent guide to tweaking the ini files? Seems like it's pretty buggy by default, and has the graphical bells and whistles turned down.

Beat Dr Steinman last night, now just picked up the camera for Peach.

Loving playing through this again, searching out the audio diaries and listening to the lore is just brilliant.

• 1 year later...

Played the first two and battered through them absolutely loving them along the way. Thought they were great. 

Infinite took me a while to get into as i thought it was too different for my taste. Finally completed it months later. I have to say what a lot of pish. One of the worst story lines and ending to a game I’ve ever played. 

Archived