Autographs

locheedfcno1

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, supermik said:

Did he ask you to rub something on his leg? As a tonic.

I asked if he and his pianist were off to party the night away I Stringfellows or somewhere similar. He said "Oh No, no. I'm off to bed with a large gin and tonic dearie." And off he went in his limousine.

A while back when I was very depressed and completely removed from popular culture I was in HMV one day and noticed this:

Pulp-The-Film-poster.jpg

I got it (along with Owl John by Owl John which I'd gone in to get in the first place) and it sat in a drawer for some time afterwards. When I finally got around to opening it there was a postcard inside with that picture on one side and 

Spoiler

S6oaMMU.jpg

on the other. So that was nice. It's a shame Russell isn't on there.

That aside I have various signed Frightened Rabbit things, a signed Delphic poster from HMV from a long time ago, a signed copy of Hurts' first album which I'm pretty sure I got from HMV because I was the first person to pre-order it online, a signed copy of Ian Curtis Blood Money: The Book by Peter Hook and... that's it, I think. I did have a Rangers shirt signed by Nacho Novo, Michael Ball, Gregory Vignal Bojan Djordic and Broxi but I think that's long gone.

I've got Julia Roberts and John Malkovich along with Stephen Frears - all on the one card.  I'm not a habitual autograph hunter but I wasn't sure we'd all work together again. Mine wasn't to be a stellar movie career. :(

My Uncle gave me an autograph of laurel and hardy on a postcard size of photo.

Though it's not a photo.  He knew I was a big fan.

Have checked online, prices seem to vary. Probably about £400 .

Would never sell it.

Just hoping he never wants it back though doubt it as he's aged 87 now.

I've got Cristiano Ronaldo's and Gary Barlow's both on the same match day programme. Got them when my dad was given corporate tickets and took me to the Man U vs Arsenal game where Arsenal's 49 game unbeaten record ended. Think that programme is in the attic somewhere and has probably faded.

I also have Willie Miller's autograph.

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Just remembered, I had Frankie Howerd.  I met him after his performance at The Garrick Theatre. As you would, expect he was charm personified. Oh yes Mrs, charm personifield. 

titter ye not- how do you know it wasn't just John Boyle.....?!

As for my letter from Kiro Gligerov it was at the time Macedonia declared independence. I'd met a couple of nice Macedonian girls on holiday and was pen friends with one of them. The war in Bosnia had broken out and Macedonia was still waiting recognition as an independent country and was in a perilous situation. Anyway I wrote a letter to the President saying that I met these nice girls, they were a credit to his country and that I supported their bid for recognition. 

I didn't really expect anything of it but I got a reply in an official envelope from President Giigerov thanking me for my letter. 

3rd May 2017 marks the centenary of his birth so I shall raise a glass to him then. 

17 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

As for my letter from Kiro Gligerov it was at the time Macedonia declared independence. I'd met a couple of nice Macedonian girls on holiday and was pen friends with one of them. The war in Bosnia had broken out and Macedonia was still waiting recognition as an independent country and was in a perilous situation. Anyway I wrote a letter to the President saying that I met these nice girls, they were a credit to his country and that I supported their bid for recognition. 

I didn't really expect anything of it but I got a reply in an official envelope from President Giigerov thanking me for my letter. 

3rd May 2017 marks the centenary of his birth so I shall raise a glass to him then. 

any excuse for a drink, eh?

Grimbo

6 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Dear Pres,

You don't know me, but I shagged a burd from Macadamia (she was nuts) once. On that basis I support your bid for the independence thing. Any chance you could send a t shirt or something?

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Dear Pres,

You don't know me, but I shagged a burd from Macadamia (she was nuts) once. On that basis I support your bid for the independence thing. Any chance you could send a t shirt or something?

Having been in Skopje after a Scotland game I can only concur with Tamthebam. Anyone getting their Nat King there would gladly write to the Macedonian President in thanks.

One thing we did learn is not to put 'FYR' in front of Macedonia as the SFA had done.....

I got Davy Narey & Paul Hegerty after the Barcelona 1-0 game.

We (Forfar), When he became the manager of Forfar...at the  end I had the privilege to take it to the game one day, rip it up( in his face) and tell him to leave town as soon as.. Obviously not the same words.

Archived