First EPL Manager To Be Sacked?

Goanjock

4 hours ago, Goanjock said:

So who will be the first to be sacked?..........Bilic is looking favourite to me and West Ham are having another bad afternoon 4-1 down at West Brom.

I think Bilic still has plenty credit in the bank from last season. Pulis would have been my favourite for the sack before today's result.

Can't see Bilic getting sacked just yet.
Davie Moyes will get at least this season at Sunderland as the owners wanted him for a long time.
Pulis would be my guess even with that result. New owners wanting higher profile and better fitba.
Still wouldn't put money on any one of them yet

No matter where Sunderland are in the league they need to stick with Moyes. It's their annual mid-season sacking (and poor appointments) that have put them in this continual cycle they seem to go through each season. At some point they just have to trust they have the right manager and let them see it through.

10 hours ago, scoobles said:

Can't see Bilic getting sacked just yet.
Davie Moyes will get at least this season at Sunderland as the owners wanted him for a long time.
Pulis would be my guess even with that result. New owners wanting higher profile and better fitba.
Still wouldn't put money on any one of them yet

I just watched the full Pulis interview on the BBC website, there's something not quite right about it, can't quite put my finger on what though. It's as if the reputation he's had for years - that he's usually embraced - about playing football a certain way has finally got to him. Perhaps he knows the new owners want better football and he's trying to convince them that they can actually play football too.

On 17/09/2016 at 23:58, kerrdavidson95 said:

Can see Moyes being away by end of November.

Nah, Moyes will be there for quite a few seasons unless things continue on the current trajectory.

I'm quite sure he'll do ok as he knows fine well that he's drinking in the last chance saloon as far as a career at the highest level is concerned.

Guidolin is certainly under pressure: unjustified at the moment IMO given that they're not in any real danger. Despite the associated media attention I think that Allardyce becoming available again will drastically speed up the sack race for the clubs in the bottom three. Hughes was supposedly being punted for the permanently relegated clown Steve Bruce a week ago; if that really was a consideration then I can't imagine Stoke waiting too long to snap up the 'Big Sam' upgrade instead. Allardyce will end up managing a crap Premiership team by the end of the season anyway so its an opportunity for the first club that makes a convincing sell to him (plus 400k on the side). 

• 5 months later...

Archived