No car batteries on the plane please

Fullerene

At airport security they have a list of items that you cannot take on the plane.
In all cases this is probably a sensible precaution and in most cases it is probably sensible to ask.

The one exception is the car battery.  I have done a lot of travelling but I cannot think of a single occasion where I have thought about taking a car battery with me.
"Oh we're off to Disneyland - better take a car battery - just in case"

Do any of you know of anyone turning up at the airport with a car battery and being disappointed when it gets confiscated?

At airport security they have a list of items that you cannot take on the plane.
In all cases this is probably a sensible precaution and in most cases it is probably sensible to ask.

The one exception is the car battery.  I have done a lot of travelling but I cannot think of a single occasion where I have thought about taking a car battery with me.
"Oh we're off to Disneyland - better take a car battery - just in case"

Do any of you know of anyone turning up at the airport with a car battery and being disappointed when it gets confiscated?

For electric wheelchairs

I've flown about a dozen times in the last year, mostly domestic but once to Spain & back. Every single time I've been stopped for the search, patted down, put through the scanner etc etc etc. Every single time I've had this with me -leatherman-style-cs-clip-on-multi-tool.jpg

I don't think they actually give a f**k so crack on and take a car battery with you.

Was on a flight once between Glasgow an d Toronto just as the smoking ban stuff was coming in. The back of the plane , whereI was , was a smoking area. There was one free seat beside me. All the smokers in the front of the plane took tin turns to come up for a fag. So many diverse conversations on one flight.

3 hours ago, supermik said:

I had my 40th birthday present, Zippo, taken from me at Montego Bay airport a few years back. Mega "racist" comments were passed at the time but i still never got it back. Thieving c***s.

You tried to racially abuse someone to get them to return an item?

I was on a flight with my wife and kids 2 years ago. Just before take-off I look across the aisle and see my wife engrossed in her book and my daughter knitting away.

Knitting, with knitting needles, on a plane!

Neither me nor Mrs Sramton had any idea she had them with her. No idea how she got them through security.

I remember the bad old days when people would try to smoke their duty free allowance of fags between Glasgow and Palma, and 90% of plane passengers had pockets full if matches and lighters

My old dad got through security with a small pack of matches last month.

I had my 40th birthday present, Zippo, taken from me at Montego Bay airport a few years back. Mega "racist" comments were passed at the time but i still never got it back. Thieving c***s.

Racial abusing them would guarantee the safe return of your precious zippo.

Archived