Central Second
Ashfield 2-4 Glasgow Perthshire
Dunipace Juniors 1-0 Carluke Rovers
Lanark Utd 0-1 Vale of Levem
Port Glasgow 4-2 Newmains Utd Comm
Royal Albert 0-4 Gartcairn Juniors
St Anthonys 1-2 East Kilbride Th

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:

Petershill 4 (Hall 5, Cassells 15, Hardie 57, Chisholm 88) Renfrew1 (Fitzharris 85)

We should have scored a few more and our keeper made an absolute horlicks of Renfrew's goal.

No doubt Willie Paterson gave him pelters afterwards. And, of course, Mikey will get it again I dare

say on Monday morning. I believe they work for the same company:). Another good result Peasy 23.

Both clubs that came up lost today - Renfrew and Maryhill. The latter have conceded 17 goals in three

league games. After the great professional work Jim Delaney carried out there last season, he must

be very disappointed with their return to the Super First Division. I think I am right in saying that has

come after an eight-year absence?

34 minutes ago, Kilbowie's Finest said:

Couldn't make the game today tombo

Was a draw a fair reflection?

Heard some Bankies fans not convinced about Calum Gow's red card either- was it a correct call by the ref?

IMO, I thought a draw was a fair result,it was a competitive game, not dirty,both teams had chances, both keepers made crucial saves, so no complaints. Happy with the point as it was an improved performance from us.

We did benefit from the ref not giving you a penalty in the first half however the red card was down to his assistant. I was was right next to the foul and felt it was a yellow only. Our striker was clever to get in front but your defence was in a line so didn't merit a red,IMO.

T

Hurlford 0-0 Kilbirnie.

Highly entertaining game of football. No goals,but lots of good football served up by 2 excellent teams.

I thought Hurlford were the better side in the 1st half. Clever midfield play berween Craig Molloy, & Ross Brash, was allowing Adam Hodge, to get forward & link with Paul McKenzie to give the visitors some problems on the right wing. Hurlfords Stewart Kean, & Ryan Donnelly were also doing well.

Kilbirnies Ian Gold came closest to breaking the deadlock,right on the half time whistle. When he won the ball off a Hurlford defender inside the box & hit a tremendous effort from 10yds, which Hurlford goalie Allistair Brown did well to turn past his right hand post.

Kilbirnie did very well in the 2nd half with Kieran Brannan, Stevie Meechan, David Green, & Ian Gold working tirelessly in midfield.

Brave skilful play from the visiting forwards Adam Forde, & his forward partner Ciaran McElroy,kept the home defence occupied in the latter stages of the game.

Super game, draw was just about right. The Officials handled the game very well. 

Any player on the pitch could have been MOM, so I'm giving the award to the Hurlford Committee, Blair Park was in tremendous condition.

Good luck to both clubs next Saturday.

17 minutes ago, Larky55 said:

Hurlford 0-0 Kilbirnie.

Highly entertaining game of football. No goals,but lots of good football served up by 2 excellent teams.

I thought Hurlford were the better side in the 1st half. Clever midfield play berween Craig Molloy, & Ross Brash, was allowing Adam Hodge, to get forward & link with Paul McKenzie to give the visitors some problems on the right wing. Hurlfords Stewart Kean, & Ryan Donnelly were also doing well.

Kilbirnies Ian Gold came closest to breaking the deadlock,right on the half time whistle. When he won the ball off a Hurlford defender inside the box & hit a tremendous effort from 10yds, which Hurlford goalie Allistair Semple did well to turn past his right hand post.

Kilbirnie did very well in the 2nd half with Kieran Brannan, Stevie Meechan, David Green, & Ian Gold working tirelessly in midfield.

Brave skilful play from the visiting forwards Adam Forde, & his forward partner Ciaran McElroy,kept the home defence occupied in the latter stages of the game.

Super game, draw was just about right. The Officials handled the game very well. 

Any player on the pitch could have been MOM, so I'm giving the award to the Hurlford Committee, Blair Park was in tremendous condition.

Good luck to both clubs next Saturday.

Tremendous condition COME ON.

Lanark hard watch today, thought they deserved at least a draw, should have went to Largs the sun was shining and Kilwinning turned up, trains have been a wee bit ropey lately, or would have been there, killie still can't shake off the bogies, still adopted buffs win killie get a point, not a bad Saturday.

Archived