Stranraer V Rovers

I also missed yesterday. Last week against Stenny, in the first half, I thought: we're probably watching the ninth and tenth best teams in the division. Our second half performance meant I left with a bit more optimism but yesterday's result makes me feel that I may have been correct the first time.

Best performance of the season so far ( first half especially ) a huge improvement and praise to the manager for making the much needed changes. Pass marks to all yesterday and the team looked up for it from the start, what a difference to hear players shouting encouragement to each other and playing at a higher tempo with a desire to put in tackles and win possession.( this was missing in previous league games at stair park this season )

Very impressed with Morena,Turner,Craig Thomson and the lad Watt hope they can retain their places for next week as the more they play together the better , also great to see a much better performance from Gibson and with Bell,Dick and Robertson playing well the future looks bright. A very enjoyable game with Rovers playing their part but we were too strong for them and a home win was never in doubt. With Nade out injured I felt that the release of Kemp without a replacement has left us a bit short up front , Malcolm and McGuigan put in a decent shift and perhaps the heat took its toll on the team towards the end. Barron had another faultless game and is a quality player that I hope can get over his injury issues as he deserves a run in the team.

Think I've mentioned everyone except our keeper who had another first class game with a few excellent saves with one that he tipped onto the bar even had their keeper applauding .

so top marks all round and hopefully the start of a winning run , 

That was David Barrons last game of being a trialist. Hopefully he signs. Robertson also played better at centre half. He was having a poor season at right back. Gibson was a constant menace and because he played higher up the pitch his crosses were more effective.

13 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

Best performance of the season so far ( first half especially ) a huge improvement and praise to the manager for making the much needed changes. Pass marks to all yesterday and the team looked up for it from the start, what a difference to hear players shouting encouragement to each other and playing at a higher tempo with a desire to put in tackles and win possession.( this was missing in previous league games at stair park this season )

Very impressed with Morena,Turner,Craig Thomson and the lad Watt hope they can retain their places for next week as the more they play together the better , also great to see a much better performance from Gibson and with Bell,Dick and Robertson playing well the future looks bright. A very enjoyable game with Rovers playing their part but we were too strong for them and a home win was never in doubt. With Nade out injured I felt that the release of Kemp without a replacement has left us a bit short up front , Malcolm and McGuigan put in a decent shift and perhaps the heat took its toll on the team towards the end. Barron had another faultless game and is a quality player that I hope can get over his injury issues as he deserves a run in the team.

Think I've mentioned everyone except our keeper who had another first class game with a few excellent saves with one that he tipped onto the bar even had their keeper applauding .

so top marks all round and hopefully the start of a winning run , 

Well said.

Archived