Gretna 2008 crowds

edinabear

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, sureiknow said:

That's the old Gretna you seem to be talking about. 

New Club and no connection with previous. 

Crowds have dropped from say 250 at our formation and are now about 130.

I went in the Gretna away at Hibs when they were in the Premier League and I think I made the total 86. 

On 07/08/2016 at 20:24, Rab B Nesbit said:

On 15/09/2016 at 23:34, sureiknow said:

That's the old Gretna you seem to be talking about. 

New Club and no connection with previous. 

Crowds have dropped from say 250 at our formation and are now about 130.

130? Don't make me laugh! Official attendance today was 60! Absolutely pathetic but i don't blame the fans as why would you pay £6 (gone up from a fiver from last year, god knows why) to watch the rubbish we're watching week in week out.. A 0-3 loss to the worst Stirling Uni i've seen since we've played them.  

I really fear for the club going forward, Dwindling support & poor performances, i think we'll be lucky to finish the season in the top ten!

16 minutes ago, gretnascotty said:

130? Don't make me laugh! Official attendance today was 60! Absolutely pathetic but i don't blame the fans as why would you pay £6 (gone up from a fiver from last year, god knows why) to watch the rubbish we're watching week in week out.. A 0-3 loss to the worst Stirling Uni i've seen since we've played them.  

I really fear for the club going forward, Dwindling support & poor performances, i think we'll be lucky to finish the season in the top ten!

And nae programme :P

It's all gone downhill,bring back yer old committee....

ye still managed to pump us though :D

I was a big contributor to the programme & envisaged us being rather high up in the "Scottish Programme of the Year" poll but its very disappointing that we have nothing now.  Away fans would have i'm sure looked forward to a trip to Gretna but not now! No programme, poor hospitality etc.  

Its all looking rather grim at Raydale these days......

On 17/09/2016 at 18:45, gretnascotty said:

Youngest squad in league, probably lowest budget, (minus unis)17 new faces.

Gretna have always punched well above their weight and fans have been spoiled since the formation of the club. The only way clubs like Gretna can move forward and progress is for everyone to stick together players, fans, committee, youths and community. Until that day it'll always be an uphill battle. Need to look at Gala off the field as a prime example (3G revenue stream is a necessity IMO). The gap is growing between the big money sides and will continue to do so unfortunately - money talks 

£6 is just the average of the league so it no real biggie for me

On 16/09/2016 at 08:19, calmac25 said:

Watching Scotland's game the other week it looked like there were loads of folk in Queen of the South tops at their SFL games?

Away fans can't of accounted for much more then 500 a game in the 1st division

I remember Annan fans mumping about Gretna taking away supporter when Gretna were in the SFL. Not sure if the tables are turned now though. 

60 was the paying at gate figure then.

Though there was a 100 there. Still a poor crowd for us.

As for the players,  yes some are very young but I thought their ball control was as good as I've seen in a while. 

No 2 big forwards. 

Ball was crossed in many times and Stirlings big defence just nodded it away easily. 

Only other option was to pass the ball to Davy Renyard who is not a striker but is our most experienced player.

Stirling had 3 good attacks and scored each time, one from a penalty. 

I seen things to build on but we need a couple of decent forwards badly.

And of course our defence was suspect. 

The young lads on the park never gave up.

On 19/09/2016 at 21:07, Rocky85 said:

Youngest squad in league, probably lowest budget, (minus unis)17 new faces.

Gretna have always punched well above their weight and fans have been spoiled since the formation of the club. The only way clubs like Gretna can move forward and progress is for everyone to stick together players, fans, committee, youths and community. Until that day it'll always be an uphill battle. Need to look at Gala off the field as a prime example (3G revenue stream is a necessity IMO). The gap is growing between the big money sides and will continue to do so unfortunately - money talks 

£6 is just the average of the league so it no real biggie for me

At whatever standard be it Premier League or Non League fans have every right to complain about performances & there definitely have been some poor ones especially at home this season, crowds continue to drop & that is a concern.

Gretna FC belongs to the people of gretna (more importantly the supporters) & the supporters aren't able to have their say on their club.  We have no idea who is actually in charge of the club with all these different titles (head coach, head of football etc) two long serving coach's have left the club & from what i've heard last weekend our long standing physio has left the club due to an internal dispute but unless your on social media you don't find out these things.  I would love for everyone to get along but at an agm last season fans were told to pipe down & listen to our board & chairman (who has no interest in the club & is never there) who refused to listen to fans questions about the clubs stability & future.  12 months on we're still in the dark.  I'm sure at the next agm (which can't be far away) these questions will not be able to be ducked.

Its not all doom and gloom though, have to credit the boys with an excellent 3-0 away win in the highlands this afternoon away at Deveronvale, into the next round of the Scottish Cup & hopefully a moneyspinning home draw preferably against Annan/Queens!

8 hours ago, gretnascotty said:

At whatever standard be it Premier, into the next round of the Scottish Cup & hopefully a moneyspinning home draw preferably against Annan/Queens!

You will need to get through another round to get us. We dont come in until Rnd 4. You would also lose a few players from availability if you draw us.

Archived