Joey Barton....Get the popcorn, the fun & games have just begun.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Romeo said:

That will be the thing that The Rangers can get shot of him for then. Came out just at the right time eh? :rolleyes:

Exclusive by Jim Traynor? Makes you wonder if Keith Jackson just gets to colour in the pictures at the Daily Record!

33 minutes ago, drs said:

How does Betfair reporting him to the SFA fit with the Data Protection Act?  The SFA aren't a government body of any kind so this feels like passing personal data between two commercial bodies.

Has anyone ever read the Betfair terms & conditions? Do you sign up to something like, 'no point signing up with us if you're a professional footballer because we're going to grass you up.'

Imagine you're a tradesman working for a strict teetotaler.  Your boss asks all the local publicans and off-licenses  to tell him if you ever set foot inside their premises.  Fair?

8 hours ago, Malcolm Malcolm said:

"I’ve got people who I don’t think have seen any decent art in I don’t know however many years critiquing me. Now everything in me wants to go: ‘What the f**k do you know?’"

"It’s difficult when I’m playing at a level which, clearly, I’ve not played at before. It’s a much lower level and I’m trying to help people get to a higher level. They think me helping is me trying to say: ‘You’re not good enough.’ It’s difficult.”

He's getting his excuses in already – apparently he's playing like shit because the level of football isn't good enough.

No, me neither.

That's obviously why he's been such a stand out, including dominating Scotland's former captain so recently...

The bit in the interview where he mentions his dad reversed over an Alsatian twice because it bit him. Wow!!! 

I liked the bit about Mike Ashley sending him an invoice for the use of his helicopter after Clever Joey thought he was getting it for nowt. Top bantz from Ashers!!

I read somewhere that he was mouthing off to everyone after the Celtic result. A teammate then said to him they play better without him, he said that's because they played against shit teams last season, and then someone brought up that they beat Celtic without him last season to which he lost the plot.

Lawwell stirring the pot now saying JB's agent told him he'd rather have signed for Celtic. He's an absolute nut case is Barton clearly, but his marketing strategies (or whoever he employs to tell him what to do) are second to none.

"I think Joey's been had by a bit of a matchmaker here," Lawwell said.

"I remember it well, we had just announced Brendan as our new manager and I was with our company secretary in London at the time. 

"An agent called me saying that Joey was going to sign for Rangers but he would really prefer to come to Celtic and were we interested in signing him, but it wasn't something we wanted to pursue.

"These things happen to players sometimes in football, but needless to say we wish Joey well at his new club."

we wish Joey well at his new club."

at his new club."

new club."

:lol:

I can't get my head round this betting thing.

He'll have just had a hefty signing on fee, he's getting £60k for sitting on his arse for the next 3 weeks on top of his new book, out today, which has had fantastic publicity from all this.

How big was the fucking bet?!

Archived