League 1 Player & Manager of the Month Awards - September 2016

Div

I'm really chuffed to say that Ladbrokes have asked Pie and Bovril to have some input each month into the selection of the League 1 Manager and Player of the month.

I don't see a whole lot of League 1 or League 2 matches to be fair, spending most of my time in the Championship. There is however a very valid argument that says I'll be seeing a lot more of League 1 next season but I digress!

What I'm interested in here is for fans who do watch a lot of League 1 stuff to tell me about players they have been impressed with first and foremost.

Managers are relatively easy to pick based on form in the previous months but players less so. Ideally I want fans of teams in the division to put forward players of of opposition teams and discuss why they think they would merit a nomination.

We're half way through September so you've a couple of weeks of the month left to think about who you would like to put forward!

Interested to read some debate too!

• Div pinned this topic
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Buchanan, Mullen & Pittman, take your pick.

Just beaten Alloa 3-1 and Brechin 2-1, both were top of the league when we played them, Buchanan scored 1, Pittman 2 & Mullen 1, Pittman scoring in both games. Also won 5-1 in a cup games against Celtic colts in which Buchanan got a hattrick and Mullen scored 1. All three have been outstanding this month.

Mullen and Pittman are also joint League One top scorers with a few others on 5 goals, Buchanan is on 4.

8 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Buchanan, Mullen & Pittman, take your pick.

Just beaten Alloa 3-1 and Brechin 2-1, both were top of the league when we played them, Buchanan scored 1, Pittman 2 & Mullen 1, Pittman scoring in both games. Also won 5-1 in a cup games against Celtic colts in which Buchanan got a hattrick and Mullen scored 1. All three have been outstanding this month.

Mullen and Pittman are also joint League One top scorers with a few others on 5 goals, Buchanan is on 4.

I agree, my pick would be Scott Pittman though, he's been the catalyst for our good form this season and 5 goals from midfield already is some going. 

All depends on the last game of the month mind you but Hopkin and Pittman in the driving seat just now. 

Has to be Scott Pittman, one of the leagues highest scorers from midfield, has been running teams crazy all over the park. All his goals have been 25+ yard worldies too

Has to be Hopkin too especially after halting Alloa's winning run

1 hour ago, OldRed said:

Nice but obvious try

Don't think any other players deserve it tbh over Pittman, if there was I would say it but he's easily by far been the leagues best player - getting into the SPFL team of the week multiple times already.

#PittmanTheHitman

On 9/20/2016 at 20:36, LIVIFOREVER said:

Mullen and Buchanan have been in the SPFL team of the week too. Close between the 3 of them but Pittman or Mullen would be my choice so far for this month, will depend on the East Fife game though.

So Jamie Insall it is then!!!

Archived