Airdrieonians v East Fife

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But a penalty nonetheless, silly needless challenge from Pagey and tbh it has been the only way Airdrie looked like scoring!!!

Not sure it was a penalty. Deffo played for it. Thought we got a couple of fortunate decisions. There was one in the first half he jumped in the air- spin around and landed on the ground and was rewarded with a free kick.

We were by far the better team in the first half (ignoring the umpteenth terrible goal- Stewart the culprit again) but terrible in the second half. Not for the first time Conroy and Leitch ran the show in the first half but both faded away in the second half and the team suffered. Makes me wonder what kind of full time training we're doing.

I'm coming round to the idea of having Stewart join Conroy and Leitch in midfield for 2 reasons. First, it should stop him giving away goals. Second, he has the energy to stop our midfield collapsing in the second half. I know we don't have a natural right back but maybe we could try Gorman there.

1 minute ago, Frank_Grimes said:

I thought Schmidt did ok when he came on today. Happy to take people on, got a bit of pace about him and was direct.

Connor scullion...discuss

Schmidt was probably our best player today, not that he had much competition. Scullion isn't any better than what we've got. Add to that, the chairman said there would be no loan players. Strange one.

Schmidt was probably our best player today, not that he had much competition. Scullion isn't any better than what we've got. Add to that, the chairman said there would be no loan players. Strange one.

Agree with everything you've said here but the chairman said there would be loan players but only if he felt we could sign them permanently

Just now, King Kebab said:

Airdrie's number eleven is a bit of a girlie, ladyboy Jessie isn't he???
I can put up with the diving and throwing yourself to the ground as if you've been shot as being part of life in the modern game but to do it with the added twist of the little girls scream every time you hit the deck takes such a nofucks given attitude in a way it could be admired if I didn't hate it so much !!!

I'm Airdrie fan and I'm fed up with his diving its blatant and embarasing. X airdrie player Jamie bain got slated for it but the penny finally dropped and he stopped it. 

I'm Airdrie fan and I'm fed up with his diving its blatant and embarasing. X airdrie player Jamie bain got slated for it but the penny finally dropped and he stopped it. 

When did he stop it? He was rolling about like a pussy all last season as well.
Agree though that clown this season is just as bad from what I seen today.

Just now, waysider said:

He takes a good penalty though.

He is our vice captain and one of our most experienced players. I expect a far better attitude on the park and so far I have found him dissapointing.

Take out his penalties (3 scored) 2 off which Andy Ryan has won the penalty he has only scored 2 outfield goals.

Yeah I'm giving him critism but I feel it's rightly deserved.

Archived